Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
6,244 Posts
I could be wrong but I think maybe he is asking about the rims, not just the tires.
That's how I read it as well.

I think lucky's point was that the tires alone will cause problems on a stock XK - and I would add that Wrangler rims typically will not clear the calipers on a Commander without wheel spacers - typically 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers are needed as I understand it, or, you can try and grind away at the caliper to gain the necessary clearance.

I myself would not do that - I'm not a fan of Wrangler rims anyway, but, I know there are some members that have done it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I can say that mine came with 245/70/17 on the factory rims. The front suspension was badly sagging and the tires weren't rubbing. So 30.5" will work. As Blue said, spacers could decrease the possibility.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I can say that mine came with 245/70/17 on the factory rims. The front suspension was badly sagging and the tires weren't rubbing. So 30.5" will work. As Blue said, spacers could

decrease the possibility.
Thats 1" smaller then the tires mentioned. And that makes a big difference.

Like blue said Some 17" wrangler rims contact the front caliper on 07+ xks iirc. You can clearance it with a flap wheel easily or a small spacer would work too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I know bud. That's why I said 30.5 will work, but 1 inch more in diameter is only 1/2 inch in tire height so with a spacer, they might not rub. I hear you on the wrangler rims. I was looking at a set too but came across a site that also mentioned the close proximity to the calipers. They were 2008 era though, not sure if they are physically the same. I decided not to take a chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts