Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a set of five 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport Wheels with 245/75R17 tires (less than 1000 miles for $450!). I measured the backspacing on them and they have a tad bit more (maybe 1/8-1/4") than the factory Commander wheels. I really needed bigger tires to fill out my fender wells since adding the 2" Rough Country lift. Since they had slightly more backspacing I figured the 1.5" spacers I already had on the car would be perfect for the fitment.

Anyway, I've got one picture so far that shows how great it looks. Only downside is I have an imminent dash light for the tire pressure monitoring system. I had a "service tire pressure system" warning on the display since I got the car and was hoping that the new tires may fix the problem but it appears these have a 433 Mhz frequency vs. the 315Mhz the 06 and 07 Commanders have.

I think I will likely just pull the trigger on the AppCar software BigBlue has just successfully proven will disable the TPMS system... After all I've been checking tire pressures with a mechanical gauge on all my other vehicles for years so why will it be any different going forward???

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
Just picked up a set of five 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport Wheels with 245/75R17 tires (less than 1000 miles for $450!). I measured the backspacing on them and they have a tad bit more (maybe 1/8-1/4") than the factory Commander wheels. I really needed bigger tires to fill out my fender wells since adding the 2" Rough Country lift. Since they had slightly more backspacing I figured the 1.5" spacers I already had on the car would be perfect for the fitment.

Looking good Ty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The appcar software does in fact allow you to change tire size and disable the TPMS. It also allows you to do a bunch of other cool stuff like the lane change function on your blinkers!

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
The appcar software does in fact allow you to change tire size and disable the TPMS. It also allows you to do a bunch of other cool stuff like the lane change function on your blinkers!
Yep, I was pretty impressed with how much you can do with it, it's like having legit Dealership/Mechanic's troubleshooting software.

To anybody who plans on owning their Commander for a good while, for only $45.00 - you'd be just plain foolish not to make the investment, IMHO.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Anyway, I've got one picture so far that shows how great it looks. Only downside is I have an imminent dash light for the tire pressure monitoring system. I had a "service tire pressure system" warning on the display since I got the car and was hoping that the new tires may fix the problem but it appears these have a 433 Mhz frequency vs. the 315Mhz the 06 and 07 Commanders have.

I think I will likely just pull the trigger on the AppCar software BigBlue has just successfully proven will disable the TPMS system... After all I've been checking tire pressures with a mechanical gauge on all my other vehicles for years so why will it be any different going forward???
I have 255.70.18 Wrangler wheels and tires which I picked up for rather cheap. Just barely fit on stock suspension due to the tread profile. Will get Better pics soon

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
How did you get that SPARE under there? I had to deflate it to get it in there. I got 5 of these in Tampa for $425. Tire dealer gets 30 sets of these a WEEK pushed from the local Jeep Dealer; he HAS to take them. I was contemplating taking 10 sets of these back to Ohio, I know I could get at least $800 a set of 4 for these.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn't, I have an aftermarket trailer hitch that the larger tires do not clear. I still have the stock spare under there. Which is ok too because it would be terrible to put a nice aluminum wheel under the truck to deal with all the dirt, salt, and road debris. The different tire size would not be ideal if it is ever needed but it will be on it for a limited time anyway.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would double check the price in your area first. I got mine for much cheaper than that off of FB marketplace.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got the Appcar SW.

I didn't get as far as to see the tire change menu - wondering if the menu has 265-70-17 tire selection?

Wondering what menu all of your coolest configuration changes came from?

Can you list what you found?

I was able to upgrade from base to premium TPMS

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got the Appcar SW.

I didn't get as far as to see the tire change menu - wondering if the menu has 265-70-17 tire selection?

Do you know if you are able to engage the trailer light relays with that software? Have an after market trailer hitch and according to forum research you can't just install the new relays where they need to go, they also need to be told to work by to the dealers scan tool software. If that software works i would rather buy that then give the money to a dealer.

·
Registered
64 Posts
IDK about trailer light relays. I did not have an installed trailer hitch, but i suspect if you had a OEM hitch, you would also have the electrical connector and the relays enabled?

I don't have the relays because I did not have an OEM hitch.

I did get the aftermarket hitch plus the $45 tail light wiring interface for a 4-way harness plug.

That's all I needed - i don't plan on hauling anything with trailer brakes - maybe just a pop-up so a 4-way will be enough.

Also for those folks just considering a cheap 4-way splice-in; spend the $45 and buy the kit I speak of.

its plug n play and you wont have to deal with all of the troubles that others encountered when they thought simply slicing in would work.

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
I got the Appcar SW.

@chaaz01;

If it's like the superchips flashpaq (which I'm assuming it is) the tire size will be listed by diameter in inches 31 inches, 31.5 inches, 32 inches etc which should be adjustable by .25 inch increments.....not by 265/70/17 etc.....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just ordered an OBD scanner/reader and will purchase the AppCar software once that arrives....now just need to find an android or PC lol. #appleuser

·
Super Moderator
5,852 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts