Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have a 2007 Commander and I'd like to change up my rims/tires. Being new to the truck/SUV world I have a wheel/tire question. If I do a wheel tire package similar to this in either a 18 or 20. What else would I need to doto my truck? Do I need to put a lift kit on .. again I know nothing about this. In the past I'd be doing the opposite and dropping the car. I like that BIG wheel/tire so your help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, I'd love to get opinions on the rims too.... thanks. Again, I would only do black as I took most of the chrome off my truck.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I love the Rockstars, and think they'd look awesome on a black Commander. I don't know much about the offset or anything, so you MAY have to run spacers. But with the proper tire size, you really shouldn't need a lift to fit those wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I am not much of a fan of big wheels, I didn't even like the stock 17's at first. I do have to say that I really really like those wheels. I see from the picture's title that it has 33's on it. If you are going to be running those you will need a lift for sure. If you are running lower profile tires (stock height) then you may not need it but I wouldn't go much bigger than a 29"-30" tire. Those wheels seem to have a similar backspace to the stock wheels so you may not even need a spacer. If you are buying them from a place the does mounting and all that then ask them to test fit them for you, if they really want to do buisness then they will do it for you.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
What they said, lol

Those are really nice rims and tires. I think that they would look really kick a$$ on a commander.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not much of a fan of big wheels, I didn't even like the stock 17's at first. I do have to say that I really really like those wheels. I see from the picture's title that it has 33's on it. If you are going to be running those you will need a lift for sure. If you are running lower profile tires (stock height) then you may not need it but I wouldn't go much bigger than a 29"-30" tire. Those wheels seem to have a similar backspace to the stock wheels so you may not even need a spacer. If you are buying them from a place the does mounting and all that then ask them to test fit them for you, if they really want to do buisness then they will do it for you.
See this is the information I am looking for! I knew I'd find my answers here! The stock photos were of the 20's I'd prob stick with 18's and and 29-30 (if its would fit). Next step .... follow up with the retailer (but then again) they'll tell me anything to sell the rims/tires.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm pretty sure KMC rockstars can be custom drilled for our Commanders for no cost; (if i recall) Good Luck

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Have you priced them yet? (set of 5)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you priced them yet? (set of 5)
Actually only priced out the (4) and its between $1900 - $2000 depending on the actual tires. But, I haven't shopped it around. Maybe I can do better than that.

This package: 18x9 Black KMC XD Rockstar Wheels with Kumho MT KL71 35x12.5x18 Mud Tires. Was $2000.00 but I think they are too big, I might same money going to a 30 tire?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ronzo,

I'd make sure that those Rockstars have the same lug pattern that our XK's have "5x5" (I don't recall if they do or not). Some manufactures only make 5x5 in a certain size. Where are you looking? We might be able to point you in another direction that might sell em cheaper.

Slainte'
O'C

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ronzo,

I'd make sure that those Rockstars have the same lug pattern that our XK's have "5x5" (I don't recall if they do or not). Some manufactures only make 5x5 in a certain size. Where are you looking? We might be able to point you in another direction that might sell em cheaper.

Slainte'
O'C
Honestly, just found some site online: http://www.westkycustoms.com ... I imagine that I can find them cheaper.... any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
It's not a Commander but it will give you an idea of what it will look like.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Alright, thats what I want ... so do u have a lift? What are the rim/tire sizes? Thats EXACTLY what I am looking to achieve (but on my Commander).

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Alright, thats what I want ... so do u have a lift? What are the rim/tire sizes? Thats EXACTLY what I am looking to acheuve (but on my Commander).
It's not mine. It belongs to member ge2.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Alright, thats what I want ... so do u have a lift? What are the rim/tire sizes? Thats EXACTLY what I am looking to acheuve (but on my Commander).
The wheels are 18 x 9 and the tires are 35 x 12.5.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts