Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an actual measured 21.6 mpg at 60 mph over a flat 10-mile course yesterday. That's with 2 adults and a kid, lots of luggage and gifts, and the big roof basket on top.

The catch? I had a constant 20-30mph tailwind the entire way. I would hate to think what my mileage would have been going the other direction.

·
Registered
452 Posts
sespe commander said:
I got an actual measured 21.6 mpg at 60 mph over a flat 10-mile course yesterday. That's with 2 adults and a kid, lots of luggage and gifts, and the big roof basket on top.

The catch? I had a constant 20-30mph tailwind the entire way. I would hate to think what my mileage would have been going the other direction.
Which engine were you running with? I too manage to get about 22.3mpg on my HEMI...no tail/head wind, with only two passengers. Good to see ya saving some lead from your gas pedal :).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, it's the hemi. That's at the end of the run, I had it reading 49.3 at the start.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Simply love the fact that you thought to take the picture. :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
RedCommander said:
I can get 21mpg in mine going 60mph too. 4.7 4x4, but there aren't many places that I go that driving 60 is a good option. I'm not driving 60 on a 75mph interstate, it isn't safe.

I know...right. I live in Atlanta...if you're aren't doing at least 75, you'll be run over.
:(

still love my Hemi

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I don't think my HEMI even has the lighting to make a "2" in the appropriate place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I find myself getting the worst gas mileage because that gas peddle is so heavy and the magnaflow exhaust sounds sooooooooo good!

·
Super Moderator
15,102 Posts
SubD0c said:
I find myself getting the worst gas mileage because that gas peddle is so heavy and the magnaflow exhaust sounds sooooooooo good!
I have the same problem!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shredX said:
Simply love the fact that you thought to take the picture. :D
Well, I also took a picture right after I resest it, I could have claimed 49.1mpg!

And this is a section of 4-lane undivided highway affectionately called "blood alley". It's heavily patrolled by the CHP, so I do keep it at 60.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts