Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off I'm a proud new owner of an 06 commander, I guess it's the base model. My question is has anyone on this forum added 22's to a base model with the v6? I would really like to add a set, but not sure if they would work due to the lack of power.

·
Registered
31 Posts
22" wheels, what for? Style?

First of all you reduce the shock absorbing value of the stock tire side wall

You may negate some of the built in safety features

As long as the od (outside diameter) of the wheel and tire package are close to the original you should not have any issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just love the look of the 22's for what I have seen, I am coming from my chrysler 300 that had 22's on it and I guess you can say I just love big wheels on my vehicles. Yes I know about how it will affect the ride and the braking. I know about the weight and diameter as well. I just wanted to know if anyone with the v6 had done and to know about how much more power it loses and if it puts too much strain on any of the suspension parts, well thanks for the comments guys!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have 22's on mine and it's just fine, a little bumpy, and your tire pressure sensor will flash all the time unless you transfer the valve sensors to the new wheels, that's if the base model is equipped with the tire pressure system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts