Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I changed my mind about the setup that I currently have and I'm interested in putting bigger wheels on. I'm looking into a set of 22's but I want an all terrain tire. I found the Cooper Zeon LTZ however I have no clue if it will fit. The total diameter of the tire is 31.64 and the size is 305/40/R22. Is this too big of a tire for the 2'' lift? I know i might be asking for too much with trying that tire being that it's pretty wide.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
As long as you are not taller than 32" total and wider than 10" you should be fine.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not the answer I wanted being that 305 is 12in. but guess I have to keep looking for a tire

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
The 12" tire would rub to much unless you offset your rim another 2"

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok I found a 285/45/R22 but the total diameter is 32.05 .The 285 is a little over 11 in. Would that work with 1.25 spacers that I'm running now?
The wheel has a 18 offset not sure if that works for me or against me?

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I think your fine with the .05, not sure about the 11 inches but ask the vendor to mount one and check your turn radius for rub being sure to see how much space you have between the tire and "the bolt" in the upper control arm.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sciron, not sure I'm getting rid of those wheels yet cause I travel alot being that I'm in the military and they move me around alot so I might use those wheels n tires whenever I travel so that I don't wear out the more costly setup. I'll think about it though, either way I think shipping would be alot cheaper for you once I get to NC rather than shipping them from up here in alaska. I'll let you know for sure once I make up my mind, not too mention that I don't even know if I can run the setup I'm trying to get.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope got a V6 haven't had a problem with the current setup running the stock wheels and bfg km2's which are freakin heavy too. I think I'll be alright. That's if I even have the vehicle for long. I'm in the process of getting it declared a lemon but either way I just want a replacement commander not a refund.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of stock 17" wheels that have been painted black? I want to paint mine but want to see what they would look like first.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Ok I found a 285/45/R22 but the total diameter is 32.05 .The 285 is a little over 11 in. Would that work with 1.25 spacers that I'm running now?
The wheel has a 18 offset not sure if that works for me or against me?

If you can let me know what the width of the 22 inch wheels are and the exact offset, ie...... is it +18 or -18mm i can tell you if that tire size will work or what tire size will work for you and what size spacer you would need, if you need one.

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of stock 17" wheels that have been painted black? I want to paint mine but want to see what they would look like first.
cico7

Cico7's Garage
Well, finally did it. Took the time and did it......

Cleaned the wheels real well. (not the commander)

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x600 and weights 289KB.

Painted the wheels Used Rustoleum Black Laquer

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 441KB.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So I changed my mind about the setup that I currently have and I'm interested in putting bigger wheels on. I'm looking into a set of 22's but I want an all terrain tire. I found the Cooper Zeon LTZ however I have no clue if it will fit. The total diameter of the tire is 31.64 and the size is 305/40/R22. Is this too big of a tire for the 2'' lift? I know i might be asking for too much with trying that tire being that it's pretty wide.
I was looking at the same exact set up. The tires were Nitto Grapplers and being installed on an H3. Those wheels looked huge and was wondering if it would fit. I also have a V6 so gas consumption and the ability to haul those tires are a concern.

Goodluck!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Any updates? I am in the process of buying a new set of wheels too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts