Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with my XK out of service, I was forced to take the other 4 wheel drive vehicle we own on our 2400 mile trek thru the 4 corner states....the wife's Toyota Seinna. :(

Stops along the way leaving from Albuquerque, NM:
Flagstaff, AZ
Bryce Canyon, UT
Salt Lake City, UT
Idaho Falls, ID
Yellowstone National Park, WY
Cody, WY
Ft. Collins, CO
Colorado Springs, CO

We are presently in Salt Lake for a short stay.

Some pics from Bryce Canyon:

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You and the wife are far younger than I envisioned.

LOL

Nice shots....We live in the most beautiful country, don't we?

Have fun!
Rob
LOL... those are my kids for clarification.

Yes, we do have a beautiful country! Its sad though, while at Bryce Canyon, I thought I was in Europe. We were the minority family as everywhere we went, everyone was speaking French, German, and Dutch. It was so bad, that a few times staff at the log would just assume and speak to us as if we were from somewhere else until the conversation started flowing and then they would realize we were Americans. More Americans need to explore their own backyards!

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks good, but Colorado is better!

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Those are some great pics Phunkey. I bet you were itching when you saw the trail at the bottom of the canyon in the last pic posted.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Those are the kind of trip I love taking with my fam. To bad you didn't have the Commander. I always find myself looking off around corners trying to find an off road trail or something. Did you find yourself doing that as you tooled around in the Sierra?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Great pics!!! Beautiful areas of the good ole US of A!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
LOL... those are my kids for clarification.

Yes, we do have a beautiful country! Its sad though, while at Bryce Canyon, I thought I was in Europe. We were the minority family as everywhere we went, everyone was speaking French, German, and Dutch. It was so bad, that a few times staff at the log would just assume and speak to us as if we were from somewhere else until the conversation started flowing and then they would realize we were Americans. More Americans need to explore their own backyards!
Truer words were never spoken.
So many Americans want to go overseas, and for what?
I suppose if one is a world history buff then yes, European travel can be justified.
But I think most folks travel overseas just to say they did.
This country has so much to offer one couldn't see it all in a lifetime.
Believe me, I've tried and I still don't think I've scratched the surface.
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us, the photos are great and I know they don't come near to illustrating what you and your family are seeing.

Have fun making memories,
Rob

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Truer words were never spoken.
So many Americans want to go overseas, and for what?
I suppose if one is a world history buff then yes, European travel can be justified.
But I think most folks travel overseas just to say they did.
This country has so much to offer one couldn't see it all in a lifetime.
Believe me, I've tried and I still don't think I've scratched the surface.
Thanks for sharing your vacation with us, the photos are great and I know they don't come near to illustrating what you and your family are seeing.

Have fun making memories,
Rob
I agree 100% ... I'm from Canada but the same applies ... our money is better spent in our own countries then spending it overseas .. there is SOOO much to see close to home!

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Flagstaff, AZ - 7/15
Bryce Canyon, UT - 7/16-18
Salt Lake City, UT - 7/19
Idaho Falls, ID - 7/20
Yellowstone National Park, WY - 7/21-23
Cody, WY - 7/24-25
Ft. Collins, CO - 7/26
Colorado Springs, CO - 7/27

Made it to Idaho Falls today. When I was leaving Salt Lake City this morning, there was a black XK hemi with some nice wheels in hotel parking lot. I went back to the room to grab the camera to snap a pic of it and came back out to find it gone.

Will have more pics as time and Internet access allow for uploading. Spoke to the Jeep shop and my XK is in perfect running condition again! Cant wait to get it back and out for some fun. I was to go trail riding with GetLost while in Cody, WY but that too will be another day.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts