Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Chapman89: I confirmed what I was asking. The tire width (245) is the width of the tire where it meets the road.

I was asking about the wheel width,
How wide are they at the rim?
Does the 245 have a standard width of 7.5 or 7.0 ?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Oh sorry, I read that wrong. Well our stock rims are 7.5 inches wide so I'd assume that's your answer? Maybe I'm wrong?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Those tires (245/75R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's) are approx 9.8 inches wide (section width) and 31.5 inches tall when mounted on a 7 inch wide wheel. Our wheels are 7.5 inches wide but that slight difference in width wont effect anything.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've had mine for a couple weeks now and I'm loving them!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I hope you have atleast a 2" lift and 1 1/4" spaces, or you'll be rubbing at every point of steering. That tire looks like it will fill the wheel well quite a bit... just wondering, because your signature doesn't mention a lift or spacers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
1 1/4 spacers actually will cause a slight rub with the 245/17 Duratracs. It was pretty minor on mine and I was able to tweak the inner fender liner and take care of the problem.

I haven't tried without them yet but another forum member said he had no rubbing issues when he was running them without spacers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quite a boost in your load range, too. Stock Fortera HL was 2,039lbs. @ 35psi, your DuraTrac E load jumps it to 3,195lbs at 80psi.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I am running Duratracs in 245/75R17 with no rubbing on the street. I havent had them offroad to check flex. I did change wheel although they are direct replacement so I'm assuming the backspacing and offset should be just like stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the complete OME suspension just sitting in my garage waiting to put it on and i just ordered spidertrax wheel spacers. My wife is due any day so i don't really want to be in the middle of the install and have her say ok its time to go to the hospital! so i am just waiting to do the install when I have some time off. I will post pic's when it compete!

·
Registered
542 Posts
These tires look sexy as hell! These will be my choice when the time comes.

What is the road noise like on these bad boys?

I ask because I will be on road 95% of the time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
These tires look sexy as hell! These will be my choice when the time comes.

What is the road noise like on these bad boys?

I ask because I will be on road 95% of the time.

You definitely know you have a much more aggressive tire on than stock but they are not as noisey as a full blown MT. I run a lot of highway miles and have had mine out on the road for several weekend roadtrips so far and at highway speeds the noise isn't intrusive in the cab at all. There is some noise there but with the radio on (same levels as before the new tires) it's pretty much drowned out.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Before I added off-road lights, my roof rack made more noise than the tires do. ( the lights actually quieted down the air noise from the rack )

·
Registered
542 Posts
You definitely know you have a much more aggressive tire on than stock but they are not as noisey as a full blown MT. I run a lot of highway miles and have had mine out on the road for several weekend roadtrips so far and at highway speeds the noise isn't intrusive in the cab at all. There is some noise there but with the radio on (same levels as before the new tires) it's pretty much drowned out.
That sounds tolerable, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been contemplating getting these tires (245/75/17 duratracs), but I currently don't have either a lift or spacers.
Now, the sticky and some other threads indicate that 245/75 is probably do-able (goodyear's site says the width is 9.8, just like the BFG's that have been confirmed to fit), but I thought I'd see if you guys who have these tires have any thoughts. 'Cause dang that bolt makes me nervous!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts