Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a RC 2" lift in a couple weeks and need some advice. I am not using spacers and I am torn between using 245/75 and 255/70 on the stock rims.. I like the looks of both setups but I am concerned with rubbing issues. I've read that even with the 2" lift you can get some rubbing with either of these sizes depending on the manufacturer. Does anyone have any rubbing with these sizes and the RC 2" lift? Also, anybody have an opinion on the Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 or any others? I have a buddy that loves the DynaPro's and they are the right price...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the R/C lift on the wifes commander with 245/75 and I got a little rubbing in the front at full lock for the first 8K or so with the goodyear duratracs. I think that they are a great tire and are wearing very well. I know of a bunch of people running the RF10s at work and really like them, they also seem to wear really well, most say they are getting about 60-65k out of them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
247/75/17 no spacers and no rubbing. BF M/T

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just did the same lift and put RF10s on my commander in 255/70-17 and had some rubbing when I went over bumps while cornering. I put spidertrax spacers on and eliminated it.

I went with the RF10s because america's tire sold the last set of silent armors and those were the next choice. I'll snap some pics when I get a few minutes. Since doing it, ive gotten nothing but compliments from people. It will look great!:eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just did the same lift and put RF10s on my commander in 255/70-17 and had some rubbing when I went over bumps while cornering. I put spidertrax spacers on and eliminated it.

I went with the RF10s because america's tire sold the last set of silent armors and those were the next choice. I'll snap some pics when I get a few minutes. Since doing it, ive gotten nothing but compliments from people. It will look great!:eek:rangehat:
That would be great. I definitely want to see some photos. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am also going to do the RC 2" lift and want to go with 245/75s as I like the looks. We get a lot of snow where I live ( north of Toronto ) and keeping the tire tread contact patch thin does a better job in snow. I will not be doing anything too rough off road as I have a Rubicon for that. Will anyone with this setup please chime in with pics and as much info as possible. I would prefer to stay away from spacers to keep this as simple as possible.
Thank You and Merry Christmas everyone.
Binner:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts