Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just hit a milestone for a Chrysler product. El Jeepo still looks good.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy, using speech to text
OMG! Congrats!!! Looks amazing!

Keep on Truckin'!

·
Registered
184 Posts
That is very impressive and what a nice looking jeep! I'll be lucky to make it to 250k.
Have you had to make any big/expensive repair jobs to keep her running this long?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is very impressive and what a nice looking jeep! I'll be lucky to make it to 250k.

Have you had to make any big/expensive repair jobs to keep her running this long?
Just a few things like the alternator, fan & clutch. I did the steering rack, because I had 20 inch wheels and tires on it for a few years. That really beat the crap out of it. Rebuilt the rear end. Replaced the radiator. Replaced the driveshaft. I've replaced the windshield for five times. I fix any little thing as soon as it breaks, or wears out.I don't defer any maintenance whatsoever. I think I attribute the longevity by using synthetic fluids everywhere I'm able to. And I change them more often than required.
I would say, every repair I've done has been less than $1,000 as far as major repairs go. It never goes off road. And I don't park where I can get door dings. So that helps a lot.
It'll be 13 years old in May.
To this day ,almost every gas station I go to ,people come up to me and talk to me about it.Mostly because it never gets dirty. And I keep it clean and shiny. And It has a unique look. So it stands out. I would like to get another 60/70,000 miles out of it. I don't know.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well..... I guess I have a private club.
Only one member.
Me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well..... I guess I have a private club.
Only one member.
Me.

I'll be applying for membership in... ummm... I guess 12 years if I keep up the current annual mileage. LOL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congrats! Ive got 27k before I get my membership card lol but possibly will be selling it before then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just a few things like the alternator, fan & clutch. I did the steering rack, because I had 20 inch wheels and tires on it for a few years. That really beat the crap out of it. Rebuilt the rear end. Replaced the radiator. Replaced the driveshaft. I've replaced the windshield for five times. I fix any little thing as soon as it breaks, or wears out.I don't defer any maintenance whatsoever. I think I attribute the longevity by using synthetic fluids everywhere I'm able to. And I change them more often than required.
I would say, every repair I've done has been less than $1,000 as far as major repairs go. It never goes off road. And I don't park where I can get door dings. So that helps a lot.
It'll be 13 years old in May.
To this day ,almost every gas station I go to ,people come up to me and talk to me about it.Mostly because it never gets dirty. And I keep it clean and shiny. And It has a unique look. So it stands out. I would like to get another 60/70,000 miles out of it. I don't know.
Very impressive! Taking care of all the smaller stuff right away definitely seems to have paid off. I am less than perfect when it comes to those so if I ever make it to the 250k club I'll probably be pushing it across the line.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well... No good deed goes unpunished.
My heater core in the dash just started leaking. I'm going to go ahead and replace the evaporator while I'm in there. I turn the heat on,and it's got that unmistakable smell.

·
Registered
85 Posts
233k on my 2009. Needs a rebuilt trans some day, but still does great. Previous owner replaced the HEMI at 185k. I'm hoping to get another 3 years out of here before I upgrade to a 2010 Land Rover LR4 for $5k :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Funny usually my budget puts me in the 200k+ club, but i stumbled upon a 125k well worn wonder. If i can keep michigan road salt at bay, i might hit 250 in about 25 years !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats.Spraygun. This gives me hope. I've made it to 150K I've heard the 4.7 was a 200K engine, good to see 250K. I've had no major issues Water pump and radiator. electric fan,from stick off road. Another off road stick broke several wires to my xfer case. I had to splice them to shift xfer case to neutral so i could tow it back home. Maybe I can get another 10 years out of her.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats.Spraygun. This gives me hope. I've made it to 150K I've heard the 4.7 was a 200K engine, good to see 250K. I've had no major issues Water pump and radiator. electric fan,from stick off road. Another off road stick broke several wires to my xfer case. I had to splice them to shift xfer case to neutral so i could tow it back home. Maybe I can get another 10 years out of her.
The 4.7 is a good engine. Kind of like the old Chevy 305 back in the day. just got to fix something as soon as it goes wrong. Sounds like you're on the right track.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow, congratulations! That's quite a milestone indeed. I'm sure you were on a professional test track doing 88mph while taking a photo, right? Or was it a mall parking lot with terrorists chasing you?

Yours is one club I'll likely never join, as my 2007 has only 81K, but who knows?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, congratulations! That's quite a milestone indeed. I'm sure you were on a professional test track doing 88mph while taking a photo, right? Or was it a mall parking lot with terrorists chasing you?

Yours is one club I'll likely never join, as my 2007 has only 81K, but who knows?
It might appear as if I was speeding. But I wasn't.The posted speed limit is 85 MPH. Texas has wide open stretches.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congratulations, Spraygun. I bought a 2006 Commander 3.7L V6 with ODO of 179800, and my family asked me when I was going to take it to a scrapyard. I now have lots to throw back at them. Save driving!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Feeling all inadequate with 45,000 miles on my 2007! At this rate I reckon another 50 years before I join you..... I'll only be 104 myself...:grin2:

I wonder what the highest mileage diesel engined Commander is out there?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts