Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So according to FAQ the biggest I can go on my setup without modification or rubbing is 255/65/17. I was wondering if anyone has squeezed 265/65/17 in there without issue? I've seen pics of people doing it around the internet, but no comments pertaining to the drivability. Stock springs with moog isolators and rocky road front boost plates.

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
I'm running Goodyear Wrangler AT/S 265/70/17's with the 2" Rough Country lift and 1.25" wheel spacers. Did the pinch weld mod and reshaped the wheel well lining with heat gun. I'm getting some rub at full lock right turn on the passenger side. I can fix that by doing some more remolding or cutting. So I don't think you can fit 265/70/17's without having issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running Goodyear Wrangler AT/S 265/70/17's with the 2" Rough Country lift and 1.25" wheel spacers. Did the pinch weld mod and reshaped the wheel well lining with heat gun. I'm getting some rub at full lock right turn on the passenger side. I can fix that by doing some more remolding or cutting. So I don't think you can fit 265/70/17's without having issues.
Thanks for the input, but I was asking about 265/65/17 not 265/70/17. However, if you have a 2" lift w/1.25" spacers and you're still getting rub w/a 70 series tire, there's probably a good chance I'll have rubbing issues with a 65 series tire. I plan on running Yokohama Geolander A/T tires.

·
Administrator
15,201 Posts
Thanks for the input, but I was asking about 265/65/17 not 265/70/17. However, if you have a 2" lift w/1.25" spacers and you're still getting rub w/a 70 series tire, there's probably a good chance I'll have rubbing issues with a 65 series tire. I plan on running Yokohama Geolander A/T tires.
Sorry...I missed the 65. Since most here run 70's I guess that is what I automatically "read".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry...I missed the 65. Since most here run 70's I guess that is what I automatically "read".
Ya, you start getting into 70+ series tires and your cornering really starts to suffer. I just want wider tires for more stability and better handling, not "taller" tires. If I could fit 265/65 that would be awesome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts