Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still racking my brain about tire size for my Commander. Im seeing, using the Tacoma wheel calculator, that these two sizes are nearly identical. Thoughts?

Stock 18x7.5" Overland wheels, 2.25 RR Lift, 1.5" spacers.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
X2 on what Matt said.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your Commander is one of the Jeeps I've studied, looks killer BTW....but aren't you also on about a 3" lift with the OMEs?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yes, and my tires are taller than the 285/60/18s and my wheels stick out further than your desired wheel/spacer setup which negate the extra .7-1" i'll have over your RR lift.

If I were you, i'd get the 285/60/18... the slightly more width will look great

Edit: btw thanks :drink4:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was talking about the tire rubbing the upper ball joint, but in doing research just now the spacers will cure that.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I played it safe & went with 265/65/18 Toyo Open Country ATIIs. I have very minor rubbing in the front. Slight enough to where I could probably just head the fender well plastic and form it back.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lookin' good, time to get 'em muddy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys first time useing any kind of forums so bear wiht me.
I have a 06 commander (5.7 hemi limited) with 265/70/17 stock and I bought 33/12.50/17 MicKey Thomsons Baja MTZ. I was wondering if a 2inch lift kit will clear or do I have to go with 4inch
Honestly don't want to go bigger than 2 inch I need some help.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Your ball joint will be fine. But later on you can always upgrade to JBA or RRO HD Upper Control Arms

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey guys first time useing any kind of forums so bear wiht me.
I have a 06 commander (5.7 hemi limited) with 265/70/17 stock and I bought 33/12.50/17 MicKey Thomsons Baja MTZ. I was wondering if a 2inch lift kit will clear or do I have to go with 4inch
Honestly don't want to go bigger than 2 inch I need some help.
Thanks
You'll need to go bigger than 2". Max tire for the 2" lifts is really 31.5/32 with either trimming or the pinch weld mod. In the bottom picture above you can see that a 31.5 really is a good fit. Any bigger and you'll run into issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You'll need to go bigger than 2". Max tire for the 2" lifts is really 31.5/32 with either trimming or the pinch weld mod. In the bottom picture above you can see that a 31.5 really is a good fit. Any bigger and you'll run into issues.
So what lift do u recommend for tire33/12.5/17

1 - 18 of 18 Posts