Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 Brand new GY Forteras bad in one week 2 punctures 1 blowout, buying new tires but wanting to go larger while saving for the OME lift I'm looking at the 265/65/17 Kumho Road Venture AT51 the tire is 30.6"x10.4" not much larger I know but reading through here tire clearance seems to be an issue with these things... Will they fit? How much larger can I go on stock susp.?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Road+Venture+AT51&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=665TR7AT51&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Attachments

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
What wheels? Spacers?

The only issue that I suspect you will have is it may rub on the bolt on the UCA ball joint. You can trim it.

If you have reduced backspacing wheels or spacers you might have some rub on the pinchweld, which can be pounded back.

I actually worry that that tire would look a little too small on an OME lift.

Maybe consider a 255/70r17?

I run a 255/70r18 (32" tire) on similar to OME lift height.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What wheels? Spacers?

The only issue that I suspect you will have is it may rub on the bolt on the UCA ball joint. You can trim it.

If you have reduced backspacing wheels or spacers you might have some rub on the pinchweld, which can be pounded back.

I actually worry that that tire would look a little too small on an OME lift.

Maybe consider a 255/70r17?

I run a 255/70r18 (32" tire) on similar to OME lift height.

I'm only looking at the 2.5' Kit I saw a member in here running that lift on factory sized KO2's and it looked fine

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I'm only looking at the 2.5' Kit I saw a member in here running that lift on factory sized KO2's and it looked fine
2" lift on factory tires looks silly IMHO, but yeah I'm not saying it would look terrible. You prefer a wider tire I take it?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Do we know if they'll clear?
What wheels? Spacers?

The only issue that I suspect you will have is it may rub on the bolt on the UCA ball joint if stock wheels and no spacers. You can trim it.

It should clear. It will be very close to the UCA bolt I suspect. Depends on the tire as they vary.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What wheels? Spacers?

The only issue that I suspect you will have is it may rub on the bolt on the UCA ball joint if stock wheels and no spacers. You can trim it.

It should clear. It will be very close to the UCA bolt I suspect. Depends on the tire as they vary.
Stock wheels no spacers will be buying some Methods when I buy a lift

1 - 9 of 9 Posts