Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these Toyo MT tires on CL for $200. Thought I would try them without any wheel spacers, surprisingly they don't rub at all anywhere. Curious if anybody else has had this happen.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
A little surprising. Maybe a previous owner did some clearancing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I can see, pinch weld has not been touched. I'm going to do it pretty soon. I figured they would rub, and I was ok with that until I could get spacers. Now I'm going to hold off on spacers for awhile.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are about 50% tread, I would imagine if they were new they might rub on full lock.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
They don't rub because they only have 50% tread left. I bet if you followed me down some trails they would rub!

·
Registered
26 Posts
How much room do you have at the bolt? I'm actually about to attemp the same thing with a set of Duratracs. But I have different stock wheels, the six spoke chrome clad ones. Man it just doesn't feel like there's another 10mm of spare width on the back side.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much room do you have at the bolt? I'm actually about to attemp the same thing with a set of Duratracs. But I have different stock wheels, the six spoke chrome clad ones. Man it just doesn't feel like there's another 10mm of spare width on the back side.
There is between an 1/8 and a 1/4 inch. It's very tight, but no rubbing. The Toyo MTs have a ton of side tread, I think the Duratracs would fit fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts