Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
275/55R20 or 275/45R20.......anybody know if either of these will fit on a stock suspension commander without rubbing? what would you recommend? the wheel and tire package i'm looking at offers a choice between the 2.....thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
My guess is that they would unless you had a spacer and small lift. Which commander edition are you running? 3.7l/4.7l/5.7l? It makes a fairly large difference between front axle load and full crank clearance. If you're running a 3.7L I wouldn't (and couldn't) go with 20"s and medium-large pro. The gear ration and engine will hate you for life. Mine has enough trouble pulling the stock 17"s with 265/70's.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the 3.7 with QT1 4WD system......i took it into consideration that the truck is a little underpowered to begin with but wasnt sure if it would make that big of a difference....so basically what youre saying is the smaller the profile the better for the V6?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have the 3.7 with QT1 4WD system......i took it into consideration that the truck is a little underpowered to begin with but wasnt sure if it would make that big of a difference....so basically what youre saying is the smaller the profile the better for the V6?
Good afternoon from Germany,thats on my truck (XK Startech SD6):Summer:9,0x20 Startech-Monostar, 265/45/20problem: C U R B !!!!!!Winter:9,0x20 Delta 4x4 Sins black, 275/40/20problem: none Can post pics from the delta's ?!Cheers,Markus

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have the 3.7L pulling my tires which are around +25-35lb's heavier per tire than stock. However I also have an air intake, throttle body spacer, stg2 jet chip, and exhaust/muffler. Its a little faster than stock and has noticeably more torque than stock, if I didn't have those I would be struggling. I would rec. going to les schwab or equivalent in your area and asking them their opinion, some stores have let me try on a pair of used tires in their inventory before I actually purchase them and let me run a drag or two up and down the road. This isn't very common, though I've bought enough sets from the same store for all my vehicles so they let me do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts