1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEAR ME OUT FOR A SEC.

my set up; rough country 2in spacers front with rustys leveling spacer
rough country rear spacer

NOTE TO EVERYONE: i dont care how much trimming chopping i do to my XK. i dont care about the inner front plastic linner.

now with that said. i want to see everyones opinions on the following

Rims UNIQUE 297 17x8 WITH 0 BACKSPACING
Tires 285/70R17 mud tires doesnt matter wich ones right now
WHEEL SPACERS: Rough Country 1.5inch Wheel spacers.

here is what i figured out so far. The front of my xk doesnt really allow my tire to stuff up into the wheel well due to the ifs. so i know it wont rub when "flexing" now turning with those rims and spacers and trimming of the pinch weld, bottom corner of front bumper and molding or even getting rid of that stupid plastic liner do you guys think i should be fine?

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
The only way you can run 285's is with a 4" lift.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Not exactly true. All depends on how much trimming you want to do. I'll be running 285's here really soon. Stay tuned.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
Stock Jeep Commanders or Commanders using the 1/4" leveling spacer can fit the following tire sizes WITHOUT wheel spacers and no rubbing:

245/65R17 (Stock Tire Size)
245/70R17
245/75R17 BFGoodrich All Terrians (might have minor rubbing)
255/65R17

Jeep Commanders ranging from the 2" spacer lifts to the 3.5 Rock Krawler kit can fit the following tires WITHOUT wheel spacers and no rubbing:

245/65R17 (Stock Tire Size)
245/70R17
245/75R17
255/65R17
255/70R17

Jeep Commanders ranging from the 2" spacer lifts to the 3.5 inch Rock Krawler kit can fit the following tires WITH wheel spacers but will cause minor rubbing: (MINOR TRIMMING OF THE REAR PLASTIC FENDER WELL AND BENDING OVER OF THE PINCH WELD REQUIRED)

255/75R17
265/65R17
265/70R17

Jeep Commanders with 4" of lift or more can fit the following tires WITHOUT rubbing (depending on the backspacing of the wheel or size spacer you use). New wheel with maximum of 5.5" of Back Spacing is required or a 1" wheels spacer for installation.

265/70R17
275/65R17
275/70R17 (Might have minor rubbing depending on the Back Spacing of Wheel)

Jeep Commanders with 4" of lift or more can fit the following tires WITH the proper back spaced wheel and have minor rubbing. Trimming will be required. New wheel with maximum of 5.5" of Back Spacing is required or a 1" wheels spacer for installation.

285/70R17

*Any tire larger than that size will need additional lift and major cutting/trimming of the fender well/fender flares/pinch weld.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
Not exactly true. All depends on how much trimming you want to do. I'll be running 285's here really soon. Stay tuned.
He said with a 2" lift.

·
1,993 Posts
He said with a 2" lift.
I know what he said bro but were talking outside the box here. The tires will fit but the amount of trimming he would have to do with the 2" lift is not for 99% of XK owners. For most people following the threads guide lines is a good idea. For the few of us pushing our XK's to new levels we keep rewriting the guide lines. There has been a lot of new improvements to whats possible with the XK in the last seven months. :smiley18:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
What sal said. If you read his post, he said he doesnt care how much trimming he has to do. If you remember corectly, there is a member on this forum that is running 34's or something similar on his 2 inch lifted XK with crazy trimming. Anything is possible.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
What sal said. If you read his post, he said he doesnt care how much trimming he has to do. If you remember corectly, there is a member on this forum that is running 34's or something similar on his 2 inch lifted XK with crazy trimming. Anything is possible.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts

·
1,993 Posts
LOL I believe that dude was testing parts for JBA I could be wrong though and if I remember correctly he's running over 35" tires. To fit 33's you don't have to chop that much up. I have mine pretty chopped up and it still looks good. Except for the front bumper chop you can't see the other stuff I've done in the wheel wells.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts