Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
new here and have a quick question. im trying to fix my passenger side rear seat. one of the cables is messed up and preventing me from being able to fold the seat forward. ive taken the cushion off and removed the cable box and cove. one of the cables is off of the (box cam) and im not sure how to route it back correctly. if anyone has a detailed illustration from the service manual it would be awesome.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for all the help guys. Just kidding. I believe I have it figured out. It appears that the cable cam/wheel is broken. There was a cable pulled off of the wheel when I opened it up, but I'm not exactly sure where it attaches to the mechanism. Or if it is broken. I called a couple of dealerships today, but I'm still not sure which part number I need to order. All of the part descriptions say cable, and the picture/diagrams they provided are a joke.
The part numbers are: mopar 5183652AA I'm thinking this is the whole mechanism with the five cables already hooked up and ready to install
And mopar# 5183692AA , the diagram points to the lift handle box but in the part description it describes this part as " this cable"
I'm really scratching my head here
The number molded into the black plastic on the part is 28-2480-WO, but that doesn't match and mopar part #

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Josh, I hope someone replies, but this is the first I remember hearing this problem. Have you tried Utube?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just found 5183652AA on ebay. its the handle box and the 5 cables that attach to the fold mechanisms on the right and center second rowseats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever attempt to fix this? Currently stuck up right also, trying to figure out how to even take the cushion off right now.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes i fixed it. If you can pry or pull back the plastic panel in between the center seat there is a tab/ lever that you can push back and fold the seat forward. as far as the bottom seat cushion i started behind the seat. the seat cover wraps under the frame, and is held in place by a strip built into the upholstry. you can push down on the seat cushion and start working the strip out of the frame groove. ill get on auto guide and post the pictures i took while replacing the cable assembly

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lever you need to flip is behind this panel ImageUploadedByAG Free1438040460.130545.jpg
Use a screwdriver to flip
The lever. Once you can get the seat forward you can start to remove the upholstery/cushion by removing this section
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
ImageUploadedByAG Free1438040587.334626.jpg
Then you can press down on the seat bottom like this ImageUploadedByAG Free1438040625.660033.jpg
And then start to pull the upholstery strip out here ImageUploadedByAG Free1438040697.988344.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the lever you are trying to trip
It sucks because you can't take the plastic panel off till the seat is tumbled, so you have to pry in there and find it. ImageUploadedByAG Free1438041165.001827.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1438041177.185559.jpg

Let me know if ya need any more pictures or info.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had an issue with the seat not tumbling, but it turned out it was not latched all the way. I pushed down on the seat and heard a click, afterwards it worked just fine. Thank you for the pictures, it is nice to know what to do if it breaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Technical Service Bulletin that could help - Tumbling Issue

Hi everybody,

I ran across this Technical Service Bulletin in another thread, but thought it could be useful as this just fixed issues in my second row seats.
I couldn't get them to tumble for the life of me, but after these adjustments both sides work almost flawlessly. You could still have an issue where a cable or actuator gear cam could be broken and this probably wont fix it though.

As I was doing this I noticed the springs underneath the seats above the two tabs, (see #3 on Figure 3) were almost rusted solid. I put some WD40 on it (2 coats) and then went on with the adjustments following each step.

At the end everything worked, and before i sealed it all back up with the trim panels, I made sure to WD40 each cam gear and spring underneath the panels.

So far so good, don't think I'll be having this issue anymore. Good luck!!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts