Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im not totally sure if my title explains it but the other day I was working on my commander and had to fold the seat up as far as it would go so i could access some speaker wiring. I laid it back down into its regular position and now it will not fold forward so you can step up into the 3rd row. Does anyone know how to fix this or ever had it happen to them?

Edit: I saw others use this word so i hope it helps. The seat will no longer "tumble" forwards. Its locked in place.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
What did you dismantle/change when you were working on the wires? Is there something caught in the latch/hook? What happens when you push the lever to tumble the seat? Push down on the seat, or have someone sit on it and then try to unlatch it. Putting pressure on the seat may take some pressure off of the latch, to relax it and allow the mechanism to work. :eek:rangehat:

·
Banned
246 Posts
There's a release strap on the back of the seat for the third row passengers to fold the seat, I would pull on it while putting pressure on the already folded seat. It seems to be of better construction than the fold/recline lever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts