Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am moving to Toledo in the next couple months. I want to buy another commander but in 2wd to make it a street sleeper sort of thing. My question is that i would also be driving it in the winter and leaving the 4wd with the wife and kids. Are the winters in toledo bad enough where i should not consider this? i have read that they do well with the right tires and i grew up in NJ so i know how to drive in snow. Do you think it will be ok to get a 2wd commander in northern ohio?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes, they can be bad. I live about an hour north of Toledo and head down that way occasionally and they usually get hit with a snow band quite frequently. Plus they are so close to the lake you get lake effect snow. 2wd drives aren't impossible to drive in it. I had a 2wd Ford Ranger for a while and you just have to make sure you're more careful when you're out. Finding a 2wd might be a little difficult though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for news. I am looking at houses about 30 min. from toledo. if its really bad i can just take the other one and tell my wife to stay home. haha. yeah its been a battle trying to find one

·
Registered
64 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1356558938.397419.jpg I live in Toledo and they can get bad. Here is what it looks like today. It's worse outside of town usually and there is always a lot of drifting and accumulating.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i here ya. I would rather we get another commander even if its 2wd then have my wife drive our 09 g8 gt during the winter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Up north, its more of worrying about the blowing and drifting of snow, but that only gets bad when you're out of the metro area.

I moved from the Toledo area a few yrs back, and there's only been a few storms that have been REALLY bad that i can remember.

Its the cold + wind that gets ya!

·
Registered
887 Posts
FYI when you get time you may want to check out southington off road park close to Cleveland and take that SJ out there. I am usually there the first weekend of the month FYI. More info here www.neo4x4.com.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Born and raised in Northwood, thanks for reminding me why I moved to California!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will check it out. I was actually thinking of selling the SJ. I dont really use it anymore. waaaay to busy and have a 4 mth old now. I was thinking of turning the my commander into the "trail rig".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts