Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally did it............ A diesel conversion and almost done, keep you posted.:icon_cheers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Blue the write up and pictures are in the pdf attach in the original posting................. I am going to post a video soon.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still working on the interior, drop in temp has slowed my progress.

I have got the GDE tuning done (a product used on WK CRD).

From the original document;
"Also, to come in 2017:
• Black out the rest of the chrome
• Recharge the air conditioner
• Tires – 265/70 R18
• Get GDE tuning
• planning to do the Grand Cherokee sunroof, in nicer weather though. "

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not enforced in my area.

Here is a video:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2 more updates:
1. I had a steering fluid leak so it took some time to identify where the leak was coming from. It was the high pressure line to the rack and pinion, used a crowfoot wrench to tighten at the rack and pinion with a breaking bar, it is tight now.
2. The big one, the jeep got a P0046 code (TURBOCHARGER BOOST CONTROL CIRCUIT PERFORMANCE). Yikes, I some searching on WK forums and other forums (300C and sprinter). The solution seemed to be a rebuild or purchase a new actuator on the turbo. So, did more searching on the actuator and found somebody in Toronto how rebuilds the actuator (Alec from [email protected]), website is Turbo Actuator Repair Service / Rebuild Service. Sent it to him, he tested it and check the gears and gave his ok. Sent it back to me but still getting the error. Alec suggested to check:
o My suspicion is a boost pressure leak ... o rings do get "spit" out and then crawl back in.
o Have a close look at the coupling between the kidney shake resonator right at the front and the aluminum pipe that comes across the engine from the Turbo.
o Also in the same place is the EGR cooler coupling, and it's so very flimsy and all of ring sealed.
o Check your hoses and coupling to the intercooler.
o Easy way to check is with someone gunning it while you listen and watch. It will pop and puff rather then a constant leak.
I am going to work on this on the weekend but any CRD owner out there in the rest of the world beside North America, what do you think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts