Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

Thats it....The CRD is going....one and a half years old and 60k on the clock....should I try a 5.7Hemi, its 6months old, fully loaded, 1,000mls on the clock, belongs to a Jeep Dealer and is super priced at circa $34,000...and thats good for the UK!

Despite the MPG what else should I expect as an issue, potential problems etc. Can the engine cope with 150k over 3years?

Only 59k (or two & a half years) till the warranty ends :D

Cheers

Si

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Why would you want to trade out a CRD Commander for a 5.7 Liter?

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
IF... you have to trade then the 5.7 is the way to go, but is there something wrong with the CRD?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
From the sounds of it you put a lot of miles on your vehicles. Just so you know that CRD engine will last twice as long as that 5.7 L Hemi.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
He's had three trannys go out on him with the CRD, and Chrysler can't figure out why.

I say go for the Hemi, even with the gas mileage you'll have a unique vehicle plus lots of power!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hemi fever?

Too bad about the tranny problems. Good luck with the new Commander!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's nothing wrong with the CRD, I just fancy a V8 unit...I used to have a V8 Land Rover Discovery which had a fantastic engine.

What is the typical range from a full tank of gas. I get 300mls from the CRD driven fast on the highway circa 80-90mph?

The tranny is now sorted, and she runs like a dream again, but I really do like to have the power of the V8 :D

Hemi Fever....yep I've got it....gotta have one...:cool:

Si

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Okay, I stand corrected. Can you ship your truck over here then? I'd really love a diesel just to be unique!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts