Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an 06 hemi with a 2.25 inch lift in the front and the rear, and yet the backend of my commander still sits pretty high compared to the front. I found this 3.5 front leveling kit, so should I scrap the one I have now and replace it with the new 3.5 and new shocks to establish better level? My ultimate goal is to run 33's, right now I'm running 32's.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
To bring the front end up a bit more I would consider the first two options.

Number one if you have stock struts still: bilstein 5100's (listed for WK) will lift the front @ minimum .75", they are are adjustable for 1.5" and 2" as well. I have 32's and I am using 5100's to lift/level the front @ a 1.5" setting, and it rides great!

Option 2 would be to use http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-spacers-strut-plates-xk-wk.html leveling strut spacers for .5"

Option 3 would be a a longer clevis; this style:

Not sure how much longer they are or if 3.5" is really to be expected as they are only available from manufacturers that I have not heard of.

OME Springs are only ~$160/set or ~$350 all around, and would be the best setup @ this lift height, alternatively.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My set up is as follows : rough country 2" Rough Country spacer lift, Monroe F150 coil overs for the rear, non adjustable Bilstein 5100s in the front and 265/75/17 big at. Adding this week Heavy Metal lift clevis's, Jeepin by AL control arms for lifted XK, and 255/75/17 mt's! It's a home brew lift but if my geometry skills are still good it will be great and not $2000 either! I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The 3.5" kit gives around the same amount of lift as your current 2.25" lift, not sure why they call it a 3.5" lift. I was runnin OME struts/HD coils in front with a 1/2" leveling plate. This netted me 3" of lift, if not a bit more. I swapped the rear to 4" Superlift springs and the rear sat exactly an inch higher.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It really is hard to say how much lift you actually get with each kit. When I put my RRO 2.25" on I also put new shocks and struts along with JBA UCA's. When it was done and settled it was probably 4-5" higher. I guess it all depends what you're starting at and condition of existing components.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts