Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have researched for over an hour and couldn't find the info I was looking for.

I have always opened the intake and exhaust on all my vehicles.

Thru many years of research and trial and error I have ended up liking Borla and Magna flow and K&N for the intake.

Its been may years since I have done any mods as I have been driving the same cars for over 10 years.

My Jeep is rated at 210 hp and I forgot the torque rating.

I am curious to know what the gains in hp and tq would be for a MagnaFlow straight through and a K&N filter only and with a full intake. Back in the day it was like 10% for the intake and 15% for the muffler. I think they were a little overated but it did make a noticeable increase in power. One I even dyno tested. I like running V6 motors now for economical reasons and have no need for the big hp. But would like to up it a little and the gas mileage if possible.

Not able to afford a programmer or chip right now but have like new Magnaflow that came off a car that I parted out. Wondering if its worth the expense to take it down and have it welded in.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have researched for over an hour and couldn't find the info I was looking for.

I have always opened the intake and exhaust on all my vehicles.

Thru many years of research and trial and error I have ended up liking Borla and Magna flow and K&N for the intake.

Its been may years since I have done any mods as I have been driving the same cars for over 10 years.

My Jeep is rated at 210 hp and I forgot the torque rating.

I am curious to know what the gains in hp and tq would be for a MagnaFlow straight through and a K&N filter only and with a full intake. Back in the day it was like 10% for the intake and 15% for the muffler. I think they were a little overated but it did make a noticeable increase in power. One I even dyno tested. I like running V6 motors now for economical reasons and have no need for the big hp. But would like to up it a little and the gas mileage if possible.

Not able to afford a programmer or chip right now but have like new Magnaflow that came off a car that I parted out. Wondering if its worth the expense to take it down and have it welded in.

You're looking at $300 for a throttle body and low HP gains, not sure about the magnaflow. The 3.7 is pretty maxed out performance wise so you're going to get the most gain from a programmer. Realistically you're not going to see any gains from a K&N filter but, they sound cool.

3.7L / 3.8L V6 Throttle Bodies - The Fastman

Hypertech

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of gains can be had with a programmer? Which company makes the best ones for my Jeep? Hard to believe the stock intake is maxed out. It looks like it could be improved on. How about the throttle bodies you linked. What kind of gains are they seeing? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts