Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2006 3.7l commander. Im wonder what my exhaust options are and if it is even going to sound good? Or am i just wasting my time? Please help. Thank you

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
CommanderKid said:
I got a 2006 3.7l commander. Im wonder what my exhaust options are and if it is even going to sound good? Or am i just wasting my time? Please help. Thank you
I can't really answer your question, but I will say this-- have you heard some of the exhaust systems guys are putting on new V6 Mustangs (the new generation from 2005 and up)?? Normally I would say that it is almost impossible to get V8 sound from a six cylinder engine, but I've heard some of the set-ups the V6 Mustang guys are using and they really do sound very much like a V8. Then again, when the V8 Mustang guys change their exhaust, it sounds incredible....

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
I built my own exhaust on my 300Z. it sounds pretty good for a v6. its pretty deep sounding, and when you put your foot hard on the go pedal its loud

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wouldn't do it. I though about mod. my 3.7L exhaust but in stock form its actually pretty large and is mandrel bent! And it won't sound right and you will gain little.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was thinking of doing that for my Jeep but the dealer old me for the way these jeeps are tuned you're better of just changing the muffler. If you want to see some good info the guys provided some interesting stuff in another thread. At the end of that thread is what the dealer told me about the pipe and CAI's. The thread is called Is it true, CAI vs drop in or something like that. Hope it helps. http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5137&highlight=true

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Thats why I said I like it personally. And you can not achieve a V8 sound out of a V6... its all in what you are looking for and compromising with what options are available. Over time the sound will change as the muffler ages. Now if it was a ricer at idle it would sound like it was doing 30mph and 120 at 55 which it does not.

Oh and no offense taken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts