Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 3.7 and i just got a 4" lift, and i would like to know will my 3.7 be able to turn 285's??? im going to use wheel spacers and my stock wheel is there anyone that has this?? or knows possible pictures??

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
For spacers, get hubcentric wheel spacers. I use Spydertrax 1.5 inch.
Your tires will be 32.8 inch diameter, mine are 32 on a 2 inch lift, so I would think they would work with your 4 inch lift and wheel spacers. As to the stock wheels with 285/70/17's, I think you would be ok.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have a 3.7 and i just got a 4" lift, and i would like to know will my 3.7 be able to turn 285's??? im going to use wheel spacers and my stock wheel is there anyone that has this?? or knows possible pictures??
Can you post pics of your XK with the superlift? Before and after new tires?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dont pick up the lift until next week. Then i need time to install it. Probably not till mid march. So...no pics yet :(

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
The motor will show signs of decreased performance with the larger tires, but there are ways around it. Gearing would be the cheapest. On the other end of the spectrum would be a turbo. Then again people told me I'd be disappointed with my 4cyl. YJ running 33x12.50x15's with stock gearing and an automatic. I'm not.

Oh ya, I plow with it too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts