Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to the forum, love my Commander. I am having trouble adjusting 1) to no levers to change 4x4 status, and 2) no low range. I am also wondering (after getting stuck in snow) how you all feel the 4x4 system on the 3.7 does compared to the others?

Regards

·
Registered
576 Posts
The 3.7 liter engine doesn't offer a lo range, so there is no lever to facilitate this. It is a constant 4WD system.
I have a 5.7 Hemi, that has the Quadradrive II system on it, it does have the lo range capability. However, I have never been stuck in snow or mud at all... so I can't compare the system to others!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The 4x4 System is pretty good in my opinion. You just need to remember to turn off your Traction Control system when driving through deep snow. There are 2 off settings the one where you press the button and the system tells you its off and limits its aid and then the hold the button for 6 seconds (I think thats right) and it turns the system totally off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3.7 thanks

Hey AKFOSSIL,

I didn't know about the 6 second hold thing!! I was curious about that. I push the button and it lights on the dash, but I swear it would still go on. So now I know, He he he!.

Where did you learn this? I don't have a manual or anything for it, but would love to play with it more to really get to learn more about it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Read the forums :D thats what I did. I had a 3.7 and was quite happy with it but sold it at the chance to get a 4.7. I have never gotten stuck *Knock on wood* but I would suspect its the wonderful tires that are stock and the possiblily that your traction control system was not totally off.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Welcome to the forum abmarsh.

I have the 3.7 and I am super pleased with it. I learned about turning off the traction control system from driving my wife's Magnum believe it or not.

With the Jeep, however, full off is full off. I almost got stuck in the mud once until I held the button down until I heard a chime. Then I just stood on the gas pedal and got out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts