Premium Member
12,559 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Your question needs a lot more info, by reading the modification sections you will see what others have done, suce as exhaust, intakes , chips programmers, plugs, etc.

Mods for a Commander are no different then any other vehicle, ask yourself, what do I want to do to my Commander and then read those sections. Then bring your questions and members will be more able to help you out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest i am just looking for some decent websites to do some shopping. I'm not 100% sure what I want to do. And I am having trouble finding anything that fits on the 3.7 Liter.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I have the hemi so I don't know what specific products some members with 3.7's have done, but they have done spark plug upgrades, cold air intakes and cat-back exhausts and performance chips and programmers. Some have talked about changing gears to 3.73 in the rear end but I don't know if they have done it or not.

Then there are lifts and tires as well. You can put on a 2 inch lift and taller tires. The lifts are the same regardless of engines. You might want to check with some of the site sponsoring vendors on some of this stuff.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm not sure there is anything you can do to increase the horsepower that much that would be worth while. You can change the exhaust and make it sound powerful, but as far as the performance aspect, you'd get "no bang for the buck." The Commander would never be a hot rod...it's too heavy.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
To be honest i am just looking for some decent websites to do some shopping. I'm not 100% sure what I want to do. And I am having trouble finding anything that fits on the 3.7 Liter.
Just my opinion :) but I think your money is going to be better spent on fapearance or interior upgrades, then save the rest towards an upgrade to a Comannder with a Hemi some time in the near futre.

Many engine upgrades actuly de-value the vehicle when it's time to sell or trade it.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Keep in mind that for the most part, the 6cyl buyer was striving for economy, be it fuel or price or maintainence.
The aftermarket is not too motivated to produce power adders that will increase operating expenses for a market generally driven by economy of operation.

The logic is: Who would add huge amounts of money to create a driveline that now makes the same power as a stock, larger engine, and are there enouph buyers to cover the design/production expense at a profit?

You already know the answer,
Rob

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Hey, I got an idea. Put spinners on the wheels.....no, never mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Keep in mind that for the most part, the 6cyl buyer was striving for economy, be it fuel or price or maintainence.
The aftermarket is not too motivated to produce power adders that will increase operating expenses for a market generally driven by economy of operation.

The logic is: Who would add huge amounts of money to create a driveline that now makes the same power as a stock, larger engine, and are there enouph buyers to cover the design/production expense at a profit?

You already know the answer,
Rob
does that make it bad that it does not have a hemi...i just bought one the other night for my girl with a 3.7L...needed something more practical for her and the baby because her beetle 1.8t just wasn't cutting it anymore plus with the mods it had was not something i really wanted her to cart my 3 month old around in

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
does that make it bad that it does not have a hemi...i just bought one the other night for my girl with a 3.7L...needed something more practical for her and the baby because her beetle 1.8t just wasn't cutting it anymore plus with the mods it had was not something i really wanted her to cart my 3 month old around in
Don't misunderstand,
The response was directed to those wondering why hi-po stuff wasn't readily available for the V-6.
Judging by the responses of current V-6 owners, the powertrain is quite satisfactory as delivered.
There are a few out there though that now wish they had the added power of a larger engine for whatever reason.
Maybe they bought price only and maybe their parameters have changed, (want to pull a larger trailer or maybe more technical off road use) and now realize that the powertrain is being overtaxed.

Good luck with your new Commander!
Rob

·
Registered
31 Posts
when he asks if there are any mods for the 3.7L i am pretty sure he is not looking for horsepower gains...i want an exhaust for my commander for just the sound, want a nice growl at idle and something that does not drone at highway cruising speeds...but as i have searched for hours there is nothing but a K&N FIPK intake for it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts