Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 limited 5.7 4wd 24k miles. waiting on tsb for the passenger window. bad front passenger shock waiting to be replaced. rains yesterday and wife tells me water is coming from the oh shoot handles on the "a" pillar. found out there is another tsb on this. will call the dealer monday. wife gets ready to leave today and comes back in and tells me the jk wont crunk. try jumping it no luck. sounds like the starter isnt engaging. have to take the battery in later and get it checked. couldnt find a tsb on the starter, but this has been an issue when i did a search.

96 honda civic ex 180k no problems ever.

02 altima v6 112k only problem so far was the MAF.

like the thing alot, but dont have time for the BS

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
advance says the battery is bad but dont carry the group. where did you guys get yous

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Try a different advance or another store, the battery should be fairly common for Jeep & Chrysler vehicles.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
WalMart is a great place for battries and they will install for free if they have a shop.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Hey man I know it's a pain in the butt and stressful when things start to break on a newer vehicle. But as long as everything is under warranty I wouldnt really worry about it. Everything you just listed is a problem that almost everyone else on the forum has had. Once it's fixed I dont forsee you having any other problems. I thought the same thing when I was driving in a rain storm about a few months after purchase and water was gusing in through the oh s**t handles. But the dealer fixed it the next morning which happened to be a saturday and no problems since. I have the same problem with my windows too but just have not had the chance to drop it off and get it fixed. Oh also just recently when I went home to NY I started hearing a whistleing noise coming from the windshield/passenger side door area where air is coming in. Starts at about 65-70 mph. But in the end I love my commander and wouldnt trade it for any other vehicle!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Stealership, I beleive I PAID ABOUT 180.00, I shoped it but dealership was the only one that carried that size battery, ours when out at about 36k

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Batteries go about every 18 months in AZ due to the heat.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
tripod said:
06 limited 5.7 4wd 24k miles.
like the thing alot, but dont have time for the BS
Tripod,
Sorry you are having troubles, but things break and TSB's happen. You will find many members have had problems of one type or another. There are many more you dont hear from that go smoothly. Our brother in the UK that has had so many transmissions problems.....but hang in there.....

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looking throught the manual and doesnt mention a warranty for the battery. which to me means its covered in the factory warranty or not covered at all. autozone and pep boys dont carry the group at all. advance auto parts has one with 100 less cca. im gonna have a little talk with the service dept tomorrow. napa has one, but i dont know much about their batteries. ill try sears. i remember the rated good in consumer reports.

dont plan on being the diaper baby of the forum. just venting. the wife is the primary driver with my 2 year old and 6 week old as passengers. dont want to have to be concerned about them going on hour plus trips.

·
Registered
209 Posts
07JeepXK said:
Hey man I know it's a pain in the butt and stressful when things start to break on a newer vehicle. But as long as everything is under warranty I wouldnt really worry about it.
Easy to say that when you're not having problems. To drive 30 minutes to and from the dealership and have to take time off work for BS jobs that shouldn't have happened in the first time are EXTREMELY frustrating, not to mention costly in gas. And, the fact that everyone thinks your car is crap because there's something always wrong - and how secure is it to think of what happens after the warranty is up?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
andyblaze said:
Easy to say that when you're not having problems. To drive 30 minutes to and from the dealership and have to take time off work for BS jobs that shouldn't have happened in the first time are EXTREMELY frustrating, not to mention costly in gas. And, the fact that everyone thinks your car is crap because there's something always wrong - and how secure is it to think of what happens after the warranty is up?
If you read the whole thing I wrote then youd realize that I have had many problems with my commander and basically the same ones he has plus a lot more. I'm in the military and it's just as hard for me to get time off but I manage! Also no one made you buy a commander and no one is stopping you from selling it either. All newer vehicles have problem until they get all the bugs worked out. Yeah sure a honda civic might go 150,000 miles without a problem but they have also been around for many years. The Commander came out just over two years ago.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
I think battries may be covered as there was a TSB on faulty units at one time.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Tripod, I know the feeling, it seemed my 06 xk was in the shop every month until finally, one day, it just started working... I know it sounds wierd, but now I haven't had a single problem with it after they fixed the computer and I am back in the "loving my commander" phase. I just hope you reach that phase soon!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
got the battery replaced under warranty. also the two water issue tsb's. now waiting on the parts for the window and the bad shock. impressed the dealer didnt give me any problems. wanted 129 for the front and rear diff fluid replacement. told him id get back to him. well the sun shined on the dogs [email protected]# today. dont know why this wasnt checked at the dealer i bought it from

1 - 14 of 14 Posts