Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you probably realize the XK service manual recommends that you drain and refill the transfer case as well as the front and rear axels at 30,000 miles. I purchased my Xk used at 40,000 miles. I am currently due for service.

My qustion is should i assume the previous owner performed the necessary service at 30,000 miles? Or should I go ahead and change all my fluids with this upcoming service?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Never assume anything.

·
Registered
225 Posts
dealer records

I got my used commander from a dealer. They were able to tell me if the car had been serviced by them. Start there?

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I got my used commander from a dealer. They were able to tell me if the car had been serviced by them. Start there?
Can't go by that. It may have been serviced by the owner or another dealer or an independent shop.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i assumed all the tsb's would have been taken care of before i bought it, boy was i wrong

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Since you're at 60k (I'm assuming) do the complete service so you know its done correctly. I'm going to do mine in the next two weeks, everything but the transmission service, so I know its done correctly.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Mine needed a TSB taken care of too.

DEFINATELY change all the fluids ... do NOT even ask.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts