Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 275/55-20 tires measure out to 31.9". Today I managed to fit (uninflated) a full size spare. I have a small air compressor so I could inflate the tire when needed. Did not have to force the tire either. To be able to install the tire/wheel I had to trim the excess material from the back of the receiver (flush with the main bracket WITHOUT removing any of the welds). Also the extra threaded area of the bolts (just 2 needed trim). The TPMS light did not come on either, so that may lead me to believe that the system reads 4 sensors, not all 5. I will be traveling to Michigan next week and now have peace of mind with a full size spare. If anyone wants pics, let me know and I will post.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Well of course we want pics you should know our motto... no pics... it never happened :D

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the TPMS reads the signal from the spare tire in addition to the other 4 tires. If your spare is not inflated, I think the dash light will illuminate eventually.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before I modded the receiver, I had a 265/70-17 deflated spare underneath for 3 weeks, and my TPMS light never came on.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
When it begins to get cold every year, I always get a warning about low air in the spare. After I add air, it goes away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts