Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not 32", but close. I'm running 265/65/18's which I believe works out to 31.5". Anyone able to get that size tire to fit the stock location?

What if I went with a 265/60/18? I'm sure it would fit easier being a smaller diameter but would the size difference be an issue? Obviously I won't be using my spare in the rotation schedule, only in the case of emergency.

The factory spare 245/60/18 is like new, but being so much smaller I fear it could cause issues.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Being full time 4x4 you don't want to run a smaller size tire with three larger tires. You should have the same size spare as the other four. I'd hate to see you mess up your transfer case. I know it would only be for an emergency but it doesn't take long to ruin the drivetrain.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have read a couple of threads where the 265/70/17 should fit if it's deflated and it measures out around 31.5 as well. You can buy a small air compressor and you will be good to go. I can't confirm if the tire will fit deflated because I haven't ordered my spare yet, but I think I am going to go with the safari rack instead.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had contact with someone awhile back that claimed as you suggested, aired down it fits with a little trimming to the back of the receiver. What puzzles me is that tires don't seem to really grow when inflated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts