Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can use my new Superchips 3874 W/O an ignition update as now that I have 1 I can not update due to having Windows XP.

Thanks
Swanny

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

I forgot to say that at least for now all I want to do is change tire size not engine performance.

Swanny

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts
Does anyone know if I can use my new Superchips 3874 W/O an ignition update as now that I have 1 I can not update due to having Windows XP.

I forgot to say that at least for now all I want to do is change tire size not engine performance.

Swanny
I don't see why it wouldn't work Swanny - especially if you are just changing the tire size.

Although they do highly recommend that you check for updates, I don't think the updates are a requirement to use the SuperChips (3874) F5 Flashpaq, it's just to add any new software updates.

The only question I have is, you have to register your programmer/tuner on Ignition when you connect to Ignition for the first time;

I don't know if the registration process is a requirement to be able to use the tuner - this is the only potential snag I could possibly think of.

If you click on the link below and read the 5th post down, you can read my blow by blow account of what I did with my 3874 from the time I took it out of the box through it's first actual use.

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/49-programmers-engine-mods/30697-tuner-programmer-suggestions-2.html

I'm also going to move this thread to the Programmers/Engine Mods sub-forum.

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. When I bought my Commander the PO gave me a Super Chips programmer and I wonder if I can use it since he's the one that registered it with Super Chips.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts