Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my gibson catback came in the mail today.. extremely fast shipping!! ordered it monday and it showed thursday!! got the STAINLESS STEEL exhaust for only 380!!!!

but yeah, went to my girlfriends dads house and installed it myself in his driveway (i dont have the tools) and boy lemme tell you, it sounds amazing!!! i will upload pics and videos for those of you wanting to know what its like tomorrow...

CAI will be here monday!! hooyah!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention an extra 2.5mpg too!!!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Two questions is your jeep a 4x4 and also if it is what is the part number? I can't seem to find it on there site. :SM002:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope, mine is a 2 wheel drive. i think that it should fit the 4wd though... someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
405 Posts
Has anyone installed an exhaust on a 4.7 4x4 let me know how it worked out any gains. Thank you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had installed a Flowmaster super 44 on mine the other day, it seems as if you get an extra 1-2 miles a gallon, but it doesn't really matter to me. I love the beastly sound

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Here is a thread about the 3 inch AFE cat-back stainless steel exhaust system that I went with that has pics and a video:

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/52-exhaust/56890-afe-mach-force-xp-3-cat-back-stainless-steel-exhaust-system-w-polished-tip.html

I know this is an old thread, but I'll tell you here and now, that the O.P. that started this thread, who's talking about gaining 2.5 MPG is full of it - you won't see that kind of MPG gain just from a simple cat-back exhaust swap - under any circumstances.

I don't believe that for 1 second.

@jeeepapocalypse;

If you picked just 1 MPG by only swapping out a muffler, you're doing really well - I don't think you'd see much more than that with a full cat-back exhaust replacement.

I don't think my fuel economy improved by more than 1 MPG or so, when I put my cat-back system in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts