Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note for those looking for a cold air intake for a 4.7 liter Commander, Go to the K & N web site there offering a stock air box and intake tube replacement, part #63-1548, Summit Racing has them for around 280.00.

·
Registered
77 Posts
THats interesting that they didn't put out the kit for the HEMI first. By the looks of the pic, the shape looks exactly as what would fit for the HEMI.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This kit looks like the Grand Cherokee kit, maybe with a few small changes to an exsisting mold they were able to make it fly for the commander, that may be the reason for the quick release, I would think the Hemi kit would be a ground up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
todd did you get one, I am curious to find out if there is a $280 differnce in change. I wonder what this and an exhaust would do? I know "sycohemi" has the gibson exhaust on his hemi I'm not sure if he has the kn on yet.

·
Registered
77 Posts
jrdale8 said:
todd did you get one, I am curious to find out if there is a $280 differnce in change. I wonder what this and an exhaust would do? I know "sycohemi" has the gibson exhaust on his hemi I'm not sure if he has the kn on yet.
He doesn't have the K&N yet. He's waiting for K&N to release the product.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a Hemi I have the 4.7 liter, I'm sorry if I implied otherwise. I haven't bought the kit yet, being that the commander is a pretty new model I going to hold off until a few opinions hit the market, one thing I did do was remove the ducting off the factory air box, which is typically very restrictive and placed there to quiet the intake noise, there is a small plastic inlet as well as what I would call a water catch can in the bottom of the air box, great if your worried about water off road, I don't go off roading so no worries. I was thinking a piece of ducting and a air inlet plus a K & N filter to replace the factory unit and very simple ram air can be made for about a $100.00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts