Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the recall done on my Commander with the 4.7 (reprogram the engine so it doesn't stall) and I can't help but feel that it feels sluggish after the work was done, especially with the A/C on. I have about 68k on it now so I know its not a spring chicken anymore but still after the recall was performed climbing hills and all it feels like they took the fun out of it. Anyone else experience this? I do have the K&N FIPK system installed on it, when I mentioned to the service manager that the Jeep felt sluggish he of course blamed the K&N and said that the new programming would take time to "adjust" to the K&N and to just be patient, it has been about 2000 miles since the recall was done, he also suggested cleaning the K&N Filter which only has about 40k on it. Just wondering if i'm alone here or if anyone else who has had the recall done has felt the difference? I do notice that it idles much smoother than before and you feel a lot less vibrations and idle jump like before the reprogram.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Interesting, I've noticed the same thing with mine after the recall. It doesn't feel like it has as much power as it did before the flash, and my mileage has gone down. I thought it was just me, but now I know that I'm not the only one experiencing this. FYI, I have the same intake setup as you do, but only 31k on the clock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts