Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has a Bully Dog exhaust with the resonator and muffler taken off. It sounds raspy for the first minute I drive it but after it settles in it sounds clean and loud!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJIo1YjyMW0
Post vids of your XK's exhaust on here

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
It sounds really good, but I think it is a little too loud for me. What year is yours? My 06 does not have a resonator, so it sounds pretty raspy for stock. I added an aFe cai, and it changed the tone, somewhat. How loud is it inside, when you are cruising on the interstate? I am thinking about a universal Flowmaster when it is time to change the muffler. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mines an 08, its not too loud inside..it can get annoying but I don't mind it :) the girlfriend does though haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am thinking about a universal Flowmaster when it is time to change the muffler. :eek:rangehat:
I have the Flowmaster. They sound great in city, however, on the highway it can get a little loud inside. Especially from 55-65mph. It quiets down nicely at about 70mph.

If you do much extended driving in that 55-65 range, I would suggest some additional sound deadening. Its tolerable for awhile, but quickly gets old.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
I have the Flowmaster. They sound great in city, however, on the highway it can get a little loud inside. Especially from 55-65mph. It quiets down nicely at about 70mph.

If you do much extended driving in that 55-65 range, I would suggest some additional sound deadening. Its tolerable for awhile, but quickly gets old.
Thanks for the tip. I love this forum! :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I'm eventually going to put Dynamat in the Jeep to quiet it inside.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to the forums, seeing as i just got my 2006 On Friday. The first thing i did, is cut off that stock muffler, and i had my mechanic fabricate a short pipe, and i put a 40 series flowmaster on there. It sounds really nice. I am a mustang guy, so i knew what it would sound like once i got that muffler on there.

The piping is 2.5 inches, so i didnt see the need to buy a whole new aftermarket cat back system, when the existing piping is good. I will take a vid and post pics at a later time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts