Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to put a 4" lift with 285's or 265's on my 06 commander. will it mess with the QT1 system at all do i need to get a reprogramer or re-gear it :icon_confused:​

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
im going to put a 4" lift with 285's or 265's on my 06 commander. will it mess with the QT1 system at all do i need to get a reprogramer or re-gear it :icon_confused:​
I would definately recommend re-gearing to 3.73 gears which you can easily get from the dealer and then just have it reprogramed for the larger tires and gears.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what gears it comes with the factory 06 3.7 commander and are you saying re-gear it beacuse of the power problem or becuase it will mess with the QT1 system what would you say the biggest tire i should run without re-gearing it

also do you still have your lift and tire set for sale? do you have a price?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Do you know what gears it comes with the factory 06 3.7 commander and are you saying re-gear it beacuse of the power problem or becuase it will mess with the QT1 system what would you say the biggest tire i should run without re-gearing it

also do you still have your lift and tire set for sale? do you have a price?
The 3.7 Liter Commanders all come with 3.07 gears. I recommended for you to re-gear to the 3.73's found in the 4.7 Liter Commanders because of the power loss youll have running the 4 inch lift with that big of a tire. Lifting the Commander 4 inches and having that size tire will not effect the QT I system in any way other then the power loss of having the larger tires with the small v6 engine and 3.07 gearing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
With the EGR from superlift, you can fix your odometer and keep the ESP under control.
There is a guy on JU that has a WK with the 4'' superlift and 285's with no problems, he does wheel it hard. I believe he has the 307's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts