Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
You're killing me Bob. I can't keep up with the mods....

Just kidding. It looks great!!!

Makes the 2.5 RR lift look stock...

Congrats on getting it done, I was wondering how it was coming along.

Let us know how you like the ride quality, handling, and off road clearance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ADD-Boy said:
That looks great, also the roof basket. What brand is the basket, cost,etc. if you don't mind sharing?

D
The rack is a Kargo Master. It is 50" X 60" and was a royal pain in the a$$ to put on. The mounting brackets had to have angle iron welded to the bottom to make up the difference in height the new roof rails have. Other than that I love it. You can get one for around 395 or so.

Bob

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SychoHemi,

You crack me up! I will put up an update on the offroad stuff when I take it out on the trail. Measurements to follow soon on the ground clearance.

Other than the height there is no difference in the ride. There are some sqeaks that I am hunting down and one weird knock sound. It goes back to the installers for a bolt tightening session next week and that should take care of those two issues.

It does sit high. The bottom of the rear lift gate/door sits about at my waist and I am 6' 2". People are always looking at it and making comments about how it looks and occasionally I get asked if it was stock. I wish!

Cheers,

Bob

·
Registered
261 Posts
Very nice setup up you got.

What other mods does it involve other than the lift itself?
(DS, etc., etc.)

Any vibes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your Commander looks awesome with the lift!

What size tires are on there? They fill up the wheel well nicely. Are you experiencing any rubbing at full turn or do you expect any when flexing? I really look forward to you comments on how it handles off-road.

Good luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only mods other than the lift were the addition of a diff protector.

There is a slight, I do mean slight, vibration at around 2000 rpms. Could be the tires since they are new but I do not know.

The tires are BFG AT KO's at 285/70 r17's. Measured at 32.8" and about 10.5 wide. There was alittle fender well liner modification needed but nothing drastic.

Next project is to get some rock rails on it that do away with the plastic black rocker panel molding. I'll get pics of that when I figure it out and get it mounted up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Who makes your differential protector?

Thanks for the additional info on the lift. I bet it looks great in person.

·
Registered
396 Posts
That helps. Thanks Bob! Hope you are enjoying the new lift. Please post some trail pics when you get a chance to test it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 4" superlift installed on my commander. Have you noticed any noises or feeling in the steering wheel on tight turns or a tight turn in a circle. I have noticed when you have the steering wheel cranked all the way in either direction and moving forward there is a noise and feeling of something engaging and disengaging. tried turning off the ESP but made no difference. I wondered if it could be the electronic differentials engaging and disengaging. What do you think?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey Bob,
What happened to your mileage with the bigger tires?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.