Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Pros - We all get to look up to you (literally).:D I think it looks awesome with the 4". Once my XK is not the "family vehicle", I plan on switching to the superlift.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
You need to use the AEV module that corrects for the lift height with the 4" lift.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Pro: Great look, 1.5" more clearance then the 2.5" lifts

Con: $2,000 plus install costs, only 1.5" taller than the $300.00 do it yourself lift.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pros: Really brings the XK to life! Actually trail worthy.
Cons: A little harder to get in and out. 1-2 mpg loss. A small price to pay for the level of bad ass achieved. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Pros:
Great, best mod I've done.

Cons:
Didn't do it sooner. I ran the RR 2.25 for a while

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I share HEMI's sentiments. It's a great kit, appears to be durable and corrects the geometry back to near-stock quality. Mine has been through a few trails in Moab and a couple difficult trails up in the mountains west of Denver (as the rusty underside of my sliders can attest to) since the lift and still holds the alignment. I'm completely impressed. My kit was $1825 with free shipping and I ordered it from out of state, so no tax. My install was about $825 from my local dealership (GO Chrylser Jeep West in Golden, CO - they did a great job) and they warranty the install.

I still have not intalled the ESP module, though I plan to eventually. With the RR 2.25" lift, the system very rarely activated unnecessarily. With the 4" system, it goes off constantly. The only difference was the lift. I already had the tires and spacers on the 2.25" kit. Speaking of 4", a before and after measurment showed an actual 4.75" gain up front and 4.25" in the rear. I thought the new rear springs would settle but after 4500 miles, they haven't.

I wouldn't spend the money if you only plan to keep the Jeep for a couple years. I plan on keeping mine around for a long time so I've modded it the way I like it. Who knows, in this market, a lift probably helps resale value!

I have yet to see anyone who regretted installing this kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts