Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hit 39,200 miles... lost a cell in the battery yesterday and the front brake pads are squealing for replacement... Normal for a Commander?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
40,000 in brakes is pretty good.

Battery life is usually between two & three years on most vehicles.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I had to replace my brakes at 36K, had the rotors cut at the same time too, they warped pretty bad. Replaced the pads with some Wagner ceramics. Never had an issue with the battery but I replaced it with an Optima anyway...

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Purchased mine new not quite 4 years ago. I'm sitting at about 43K. I have never touched the brakes (front rotors have a slight vibration - probably need to be turned) and I replaced the battery about a year ago - dead as a door nail! So, you seem to be doing OK. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
707 Posts
Resurfaced the front rotors and changed the front pads (still had 50% of material) at around 60,000 miles. The stock rear pads are still good at 70,000 miles!

The battery lasted almost 3 and a half years which I thought was decent.

The front pads do not have squeal indicators (little metal bar) like the rear pads do. Are you sure the noise is coming from the front?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am on the stock breaks with 39K and just did the battery last week. The front breaks will need to be done soon, kinda poor mileage in my eyes, my truck is at 140K with stock breaks and I will get about 180-200K out of them.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I am on the stock breaks with 39K and just did the battery last week. The front breaks will need to be done soon, kinda poor mileage in my eyes, my truck is at 140K with stock breaks and I will get about 180-200K out of them.
What truck is this? I've never heard of front brake pads lasting past 60k miles at best. 30k is about average. I could believe 80k mi.

I'm guessing this is some Heavy Duty Truck with massive brakes and 3in thick pads.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am at 83,000 plus still running original front brake pads. Rears were changed at around 70,000 I think. Pulled tires within last week and pads were still fine, really wanted to change them before winter.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I am at 83,000 plus still running original front brake pads. Rears were changed at around 70,000 I think. Pulled tires within last week and pads were still fine, really wanted to change them before winter.
On a Commander? Do you live in the Flat Lands? and driving all highway miles? and/or you drive with real restraint and ease to those stops.

That is amazing, I'm to aggressive, I'm lucky to get those pads to last 30k miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts