Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day while driving down the highway, my girlfriend pulled the 4 low lever in the center console. Nothing happend of course( it won't let you shift into 4low if you're not in N). Unfortunately now even in N I can't shift into 4low it says "SERVICE 4WD SYSTEM". I'm sure this has happened to someone before(kid pulls it or something) I'd really appreciate and help/advice.

·
Super Moderator
15,101 Posts
The warning may not be related to her pulling the lever. When was the last time you used the 4Lo ? Have you had the N23 recall performed since the last time you used 4Lo ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly not as much as I used to. I'd say a few months ago I eased it with no issues. I took it in for the recall I got in early 2013.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sounds like you have the notorious N23 bug. I've read they finally very recently came out with a software update to fix it, but I personally did the fuse #25 pull, and my 4 lo has worked for the past month without issue. It is a temporary fix, but pulling a fuse even monthly beats waiting for 3 hours on a saturday for the dealership to perform an update that *might* fix it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-1MWzfbbE

·
Registered
185 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts