Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
You have the QT1 which is auto 4x4. When the rear wheels slip. The front kick in. I have an 06 commander 4x4 and it's the same way

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
954 Posts
Reactions: SCJeep

·
Super Moderator
15,175 Posts
From the jeep website:

HOW THE QUADRA-TRAC I® 4X4 SYSTEM WORKS

The brilliance of this 4x4 system is its simplicity. Quadra-Trac I® 4x4 operates in a high-range all-time mode—delivering optimum traction in virtually any driving situation, with no driver input required. The center differential splits the power—sending 48% to the front axle, 52% to the rear axle—and quietly works with the standard Brake Lock Differential and Four-Wheel Brake Traction Control system to deliver confident all-weather traction.

Reactions: SCJeep

·
Super Moderator
6,168 Posts
i have a 2010 4x4 and trying to figure out how to put it in 4 lo ,, there is no switch for it so i am a little lost and help
What Commander Model & trim package do you have and what 4WD system?

If you have Quadra-Trac I - you don't have a 2 speed transfer case which means you do not have 4-LOW capability - that's why you have no switch for 4-LOW.

You are in 4-HI all the time.

·
Super Moderator
6,168 Posts

Ben, if you had Quadra-Drive II you would have a Chrome T-Handle to the right of your gear shift handle like this with the Quadra-Drive II Badge.

If you had Quadra-Trac II you would have the same exact Chrome T-Handle - without the Quadra-Drive II Badge.

If you have Quadra-Trac I - you have no Chrome T-Handle at all and you are in 4-HI all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts