Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed driving my 06 JC 600 miles and I saw the Service 4wd Soon Light Illuminate and extinguish, I still have 350 miles to drive in the am and I will be dropping it off at a South FL Jeep Dealership.

Has anybody else have this issue. The truck just rolled 3000 miles and already had the service done.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the link, I was surprised that my local dealer did not look ito it, as I always request that all tsb's be completed whenever its in for service. But then again I did not hve the problem prior to yesterday....

·
Registered
35 Posts
My 05 Grand had that light come on one time on a cold morning last year as I was on my way to church. When we got out of church it disappeared never to be seen again.

There is a TSB but since it never reoccured, I never bothered. I never take one to the dealership unless it is absolutely necessary. Many times the mess up more than they fix.

Regards,

Chuck

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dang it! This happened to me on a recent trip when about 1500 miles from home. I turned off the ignition and when I started it back up the warning was gone and never reappeared. When I returned home I took it to the deraler to have a new window regulator installed and forgot to mention the 4wd service warning. I am not worried about it. If it happens again I'll take it in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mardi Gras said:
thanks for the link, I was surprised that my local dealer did not look ito it, as I always request that all tsb's be completed whenever its in for service. But then again I did not hve the problem prior to yesterday....
Please don't expect a dealer to "complete all TSBs". TSB's are there to remedy a documented problem. If you haven't had this problem occur, why should the dealer waste time/money reflashing the system?

·
Registered
24 Posts
mine occured at the same mileage, about 2000 miles , came on/off to the 6000 mile service, The dealer ship here in germany said it was a software glitch and when at the dealer just get them to reflash the puter with upgrade.. no mechanical harm.

·
Registered
213 Posts
that's promising news - just had the "Service 4wd system soon" message appear the other day for the first time (20,500 miles). I was a little worried..hopefully this is all it is.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
"Service 4WD System" message

Here it is: 2006 4.7l with QTII and 2500 miles. This message popped up last night while driving and then disappeared and hasn't reappeared. Is this something that I should worry about or just wait until my trip is over before having the codes scanned?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Re: "Service 4WD System" message

If it doesn't reappear I would just wait until your next scheduled maintenance and have them double check things.

·
Registered
213 Posts

there is a TSB on this - same thing happened to me a while back. It's a harmless software glitch - if you take it into the dealer they will upload the new software into your computer under warranty (had mine done about a month ago).

·
Registered
46 Posts

TPS said:
there is a TSB on this - same thing happened to me a while back. It's a harmless software glitch - if you take it into the dealer they will upload the new software into your computer under warranty (had mine done about a month ago).
X2.

Same thing happened to me @ 1600 miles, and the dealer uploaded the new sofware when I had it in for the 3K mi oil change. Never had any problems, just the one-time message.

No problems since the software update. Scared me though... especially after reading about some of the other 'glitches' in various threads!

·
Registered
35 Posts

TPS said:
Yep.
My "service 4wd system" light popped on once on a 700 mile road trip while cruising down the interstate, then again a few weeks later.
Came on, and went off within seconds. 4800 miles on 4.7, QTII

Took it in for an oil change last week, the TSB was done (re-flash) and all's well. Software update is all it took.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts

Thanks for the info, going to have this done while I'm in SFL (along with the DRL enable & 3-blink signals). Also have another issue with the HVAC system that I'll open another thread for (flashing A/C LED & "pulsating" low speed fan).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Happened to me, it flashed as I was traveling at 90+ on the interstate, I about crapped my pants thinking the inevitable was about to happen....

Just a software glitch and no real problems

·
Registered
184 Posts

I got this message once while tracking through about 8 inches of snow. After learning it was a TSB I figured it was just a glitch. I haven't got it reflashed yet but then again, the message has not popped up since (over 10,000 miles ago). Shortly after the "Service 4WD System" message, I also got a "Service Park Assist" message as well. Both systems seem to be functioning normally so far.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts

Funny, I came to this forum originally to check on the "Service 4wd system" error message awhile back. I figured it was a glitch and will have it looked at when I take it in next. However, I found that since I've been off-roading once a week or so, I haven't gotten the message at all. I think its just my Jeep's way of saying to get out and do something it was made for. If the "Trail-Rated" badge isn't dirty, its been a bad week. =)

·
Registered
93 Posts
4WD Service System Warning Light

I have a 2006 Commander Limited and now have close to 15,000 miles on it.

For the last several thousand miles I have had a "SERVICE 4WD SYSTEM" flash every thousand miles.

I took it into the dealer and told them about the TSB report about this and they told me I didn't need to bring in the report.

After I got the car back the "SERVICE 4WD SYSTEM" came back on. I went back to read the print out on the service. It said the technician tried to replicate the incident and because it didn't come up again they did nothing.

I call up the service department and told them I was bring the vehicle back in with the TSB report. They said they did what the report told them to do and that the vehicle was fixed.

Just the other day, about 1,400 miles later. I get the "SERVICE 4WD SYSTEM" AGAIN.

What do you guys/girls think I should do now???

1 - 20 of 211 Posts