Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a 2006 commander 4x4 limited v-6. When I look online at nada it does not show an option for a limited 4x4 with a v-6. Was this a special odered vehicle? Also, how do I tell if it is 4x4 since there is no evidence in the interior?

·
Registered
456 Posts
No, there is no V6 limited. The V6 is also AWD which is always on. You sacrifice 4LO also. It is still a very capable vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 06 4x4 that has a v6 motor. I also have a 4LO transfer case. It is in 4wd all the time but also has the low gear option like the upper models.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Jayman - is the 4LO transfer case something you had done or is that available factory?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I noticed after I bought my used 06 Commander (QT1,V6) in April, one of the other 06 Commander's I looked at had the QT2 with the V6. It was factory. I know I have since seen 07's with the limited package and QT2 with the V6.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Interesting. Does anyone have any idea how complicated it would be to switch from QT1 to QT2? A new transfer case? new shifter console? ? ?

·
Registered
717 Posts
You could get QT II with the V6 in 2006 and I think it was an option in 2007.... I tried to configure a 2008 that way on the Jeep website and it wouldn't let me

·
Registered
4 Posts
We bought the car used but it is a factory install of the 4LO transfer case. Isnt there a third 4wd option available? One with lockers for the diffs or possible some limited slips? And if so how can you tell them apart for just a QDII commander?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Jayman said:
We bought the car used but it is a factory install of the 4LO transfer case. Isnt there a third 4wd option available? One with lockers for the diffs or possible some limited slips? And if so how can you tell them apart for just a QDII commander?
QTI: 4WD HI
QTI SRT-8: 4WD HI, Rear Drive Biased
QTII: 4WD HI, 4WD LO
QDII: 4WD HI, 4WD LO, ELSD (Electronic Limited Slip Differential)

In the XK/WK replacement I would like to see them drop the QTII and move QDII to the middle option. Then come out with a QDIII system which would have not only the incredible ELSDs but also a seperate manual front locker / rear locker control while in 4LO to give the ultimate in control.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts