Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have shopped around and found that 4XGuard.com has the best price on a 4" Superlift. As I was placing my order for the lift, they have a deal based on how much you spend. I have the option of a 6% cash discount or they will give me their 4xguard belly protection for free. I have the Overland so I know that I have all the skid protection that Jeep offers, so is the belly protection even needed? If so, has anyone installed this themself? I would most likely have my jeep dealer install it as they are doing the lift, but I was even wondering if I need it?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would argue you need it, but I don't know with the lift. I've had my cats hit once or twice without the protection. The catalytic converters are the lowest points underneath the Commander except for one of the frame cross-members. I installed the Belly Guard last weekend, and it was pretty easy.

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
DerekAsh3312 said:
I have the Overland so I know that I have all the skid protection that Jeep offers, so is the belly protection even needed? If so, has anyone installed this themself?
The belly guard does cover more than the stock skids do. It covers parts of the exhaust system. You should read these threads.
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3035&page=3&highlight=belly+guard

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3436&highlight=belly+guard

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I have one, bought it from Russ about six months ago, and it does cover over the cats nicely. Think I have to put some washers under the mount bolts as my cats hit the guard and create a rumbling noise throughout the exhaust system.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I would say you need it. The cats/exhaust and trans are right at that breakover point and are not protected at all. The belly guard covers that niceley
-Hemi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts