Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched before posting and found nothing. I am thinking about doing this mod but thought I'd like to see pics of them on the Commander first. Does anyone have any pictures or experience in purchasing and installing the new rear guard 2 and rear sliders from 4xguard on their commander? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
... So I guess out of the 127 people ( as of today) or so that have viewed my post, none of you have any 4xGuard equipment? I guess that in and of itself answers my question. Anyone like the 4xG equipment they have on the front?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I have the belly guard and I ordered my lift parts from them.
Well, most of them....

I know a number of folks on "another" forum have ordered them.

The other forum that is not named, can not be named. To call it's name
would summon it's wrath.

I plan on ordering more stuff from them. See if you can find posts by Elcid
His father owned the company and he reviewed 4X parts frequently.

Come on now, did you really search? Or are you trying to slip one by us?

[:as-crash: what is this thing?]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cico7,
Thanks for responding. Yes, I saw those by ElCid but all seemed to focus on the front equipment whereas I was looking for specific comment by someone owning the newer rearguard2 in combination with the rear sliders. I will check out the other boards as there may be more info there. Thx.

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
That rear slider is kind of new so it doesn't surprise me that no one has it installed. I put the 4xGuard (Belly) on it appears to be very solid but if don't put a 1/8 1/4" spacer in the front of it, it will rattle against exhaust stuff and drive you nuts.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I too have a belly guard on my jeep. As far as sliders I'd highly recommend steel armadillo over 4xguard

·
Registered
953 Posts
Belly guard here, too. I think there are more WK owners who have the rear skid installed. Check the afore mentioned mystery forum for both XK and WK owners. There's also a group on Facebook for both vehicles, and the guys there are very active.

Sent from under a rock with my SAMSUNG tricorder.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know the guy (from the Google+ XK group) that owns the Black lifted XK with the 35" tires and was/is the test truck for all of the 4XG stuff. He knows the owner. He has the prototype for the rearguard 2 (it looks almost exactly the same as the final product) and the slider. It looks good to say the least. If your not going to get an aftermarket bumper, the sliders are the way to go for 2 more solid attachment points, especially if you don't have a hitch.

I don't know about the rearguard, but I will be putting the sliders on my XK.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all above for the added info. I will probably investigate a bit further based on your suggestions and then pull the trigger so to speak.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have most of the 4xg stuff that was out when I got my 2010 Limited. You can look at some of my installs and info on my garage. I also have more of the info at "my garage" on "the other forum" ...the ultimate jeep..... I do not come to this forum much anymore. Many of the members that started here when the commander first hit the markets, have since move that forum, which was started by one of those such members.

I like all my 4xG stuff. some of the paint has taken enough abuse that it is now showing some light rust spots, but over all it has endured a lot, and held up very well.

I have the rear sliders. They were very awesome while doing some harder trails in CO. I wanted the rear guard but never did get it.

·
Super Moderator
15,109 Posts
I have most of the 4xg stuff that was out when I got my 2010 Limited. You can look at some of my installs and info on my garage. I also have more of the info at "my garage" on "the other forum" ...the ultimate jeep..... I do not come to this forum much anymore. Many of the members that started here when the commander first hit the markets, have since move that forum, which was started by one of those such members.

I like all my 4xG stuff. some of the paint has taken enough abuse that it is now showing some light rust spots, but over all it has endured a lot, and held up very well.

I have the rear sliders. They were very awesome while doing some harder trails in CO. I wanted the rear guard but never did get it.
Forum Rules: http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/announcement.php?f=5

POSTING RULES:

1. Post new threads in the correct forum category; each category includes a brief description of what belongs there.

In addition...

• [*]Do NOT post complaints about forum staff, warnings/infractions/bans, or site policies. Direct these matters to any Administrator or Moderator privately via PM and allow time for them to respond

[*]Begin a new thread only if the subject matter has not already been posted. Like threads may be merged w/o notice

[*]No cross-posting: Do not post the same thread in multiple forum sections. Duplicate threads will be merged or deleted

[*]Do NOT create a thread that is intended, or likely, to incite inflammatory responses, such as complaints against another member or competing forum

[*]Title new threads in a meaningful way so that the subject is obvious and easily searched. The key to others locating information in the future depends upon it

[*]Do not post using all caps, or all bold, font: this is the equivalent to shouting and is difficult to read

[*]No 'post-whoring': meaningless replies do NOT contribute to a topic of discussion, higher post counts don’t make one member “better” than another, and high post count competitions tend to annoy the community and staff. Such posts are subject to removal and sanctions

[*]Do not post consecutive replies: Use edit to amend an existing post or the "multi-quote" feature to respond to more than one post at once

[*]If you must quote a post in a reply, please remove photos from the quote - don't make us scroll through the same photos over and over again

[*]ONLY post 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' ads in the Buy/Sell Forum

[*]Do NOT solicit our members to join forums/websites outside of our network. Violators are subject to suspension or ban at our discretion and w/o warning

[*]Do NOT override site filters for language or URLs that have been deemed inappropriate

[*]Linking to files/programs/software that can control or harm a user’s computer is prohibited

[*]Do not infringe copyrights, post links to downloads, or offers for pirated copyrighted materials i.e. service manuals, copied/hacked navigation software, brand logo rip-offs, etc. This extends to posting of copyrighted articles as well. Under 'Fair Use' provisions you can legally post a small abstract of an article and include a link, or simply post the link. The exception to this rule is press releases, which are intended for distribution

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dear Jeep5253, your complaining about ped4599's post is both misinformed and inappropriate itself based upon my read of the rule you posted! ped4599 did not "solicit me to join" anything as I didnt read anything that inferred "please join my site", he/she was merely pointing out the location of where the information was available to help me to further address my posted question... so far of which ped4599's post has been the most helpful! In the future, if you cant directly answer my posted question then do me a favor and dont respond to my posting!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No problem. I felt I posted an appropriate return response. The primary mission of this board should be to first offer help and assistance to member questions whether the answer lies on Facebook, another jeep site, or even another car site or an individual webpage. How thats accomplished, within reason, should be secondary.... and just because a site is mentioned by name does not infer the legal definition of the word solicitation as the poster would like for you to believe. (i.e. just because I mentioned Facebook, doesnt mean you should join it and create a Facebook page!)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Momentary diversion aside... Back to the original topic, I think I'm going to pull the trigger this coming week and order a set of rear sliders and the rear guard....maybe even the Matrix on the front as well... though not sure about the receiver and cutting the bumper. Either way, I will post pics so everyone can see.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I was not trying to recruit or solicit anyone. It was a simple sharing of my experience and opinion about a couple mods that worked well for me. That’s it. I have used them and can say from experience how they stood worked.

This is just yet another "silly" and unneeded posting of the rules.... If you don’t have anything to contribute to the thread, then leave it alone.

I guess have learned over the past 6 year to tune out most of these kind of posts....I probably should have held my peace here, right now too, like I usually do.

Anyway.....

10CommLTD,
For what it’s worth, I like the 4xg stuff that I bought. It has some issues with the paint, but I think they may have corrected those issues in the later versions that they are currently selling. And as for mine, I will just repaint it at some point if needed....

However, I didn't get the stuff because it had pretty paint, I got the armor to keep the vehicle functional by protecting the all the vital parts of the vehicle when on the trails 1000 miles from home. 4xg has done that for me. There are other ones out there that may be better, but I am happy with my set up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK! I know its been a couple weeks but I bit the bullet today so to speak and placed my mega order with 4xG for the front Matrix, Rear Sliders and Rear Guard. Hope I like it. I'll try to post pics once I get it and have everything installed.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
OK! I know its been a couple weeks but I bit the bullet today so to speak and placed my mega order with 4xG for the front Matrix, Rear Sliders and Rear Guard. Hope I like it. I'll try to post pics once I get it and have everything installed.
Looking forward to the pics. Recently, I chewed up about 3-4 inches of the pinch weld below the front passenger area wheeling. I sure could have used a set of rock sliders.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts