Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:rangehat: :) :) :eyemouth:

Receive my rock rails last week and finally had the chance to install them.

All that I can say is WOW and make sure you have an extra set of hands while installing. I pulled the plastic crap off and just put them up for a test fit and they weree rock solid at that point. Followed the directions as best I could (hint more actual pix installed would help). And nexst thing I knwe they were installed. As for time it took a total of 2 hours and most of that wasa spent reading and looking at the project.

If you are slightly interested in them my only thought is to Buy them now they are very heavy and exceptionally well engineered. I know as I have been waiing since Michael first pimped us for the product. As with my front guard the quality and craftsmanship is exceptional.

Now for the lift and tires.

Albert

·
Registered
954 Posts
Pics or it never happened! :stickpoke:

Can't wait to see!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I wish I had a pair..... I recieved a few minor dents down in the rock rail region last weekend at Hidden Falls. Definietly next year.

·
Registered
696 Posts
My plastics are falling off. Hate the way it looks right now. I need those. Hopefully right after my wedding in June

·
Registered
275 Posts
The XK doesn't look half bad without the plastic on there. I'd get rid of em if they are falling off. Makes it look like an older cherokee. 07jeepxk has a pic of his with no plastic guards in his garage. I've thought about taking mine off and rubber coating the pinch weld and leaving it like that untill i can put some guards on it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Here's what it looks like minus the plastic. Throw some rubber undercoating on that and it'll look nice i think.

I'm off tomorrow and I might take mine off and do the rubber coating. I'm going to put some up front on the bottom of the front fender as well to cover up scratches and darken out the front.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks absolutely fantastic! I truly hope it's everything you expected.

I don't know if you've pushed back your front pinch weld, but if you have you can make a single cut to the plastic well liner and it'll slip behind the leading edge of the Side Guard. Makes for a really nice clean look up front.

·
Super Moderator
15,108 Posts
I don't see any pics. Just red X's.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Ahhh so sexy! Looks mean.

·
Registered
242 Posts
looks good! i likey.
when i was loading this page. your pictures were destroying my computer. they were so big i couldnt even zoom out enough to fit the whole picture in. then they poofed small. and i had to zoom allll the way back in.
best 153 seconds of my life.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts