Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm the stock exhaust pipe size on JC 5.7 Hemi. It looks like it may be 2.5" or 3". I'm about to purchase a Magnaflow Muffler on e-bay and I've been told two different size by two different people.:confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a magnaflow thatis brand new in the box if you do not want to deal with ebay. I will sell it for 500 and then shipping. if interested call me 9144949546 or IM me at MGwarrior350.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The stock pipe is for Hemi 4x4 is 2 5/8 I.D., I measured it straight off mine, still laying on the garage floor

·
Registered
21 Posts
MGwarrior350 said:
I have a magnaflow thatis brand new in the box if you do not want to deal with ebay. I will sell it for 500 and then shipping. if interested call me 9144949546 or IM me at MGwarrior350.
$500 for a Magnaflow muffler.
WOW!

·
Registered
577 Posts
I think we have one member here who is talking about a muffler only, and another who is talking about the whole cat-back system. Just think you should clarify.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I"m putting on the muffler only and I'm not sure of the diameter of the in/out pipe to buy. I'm looking at the 5" x 11" Oval Offset/Center Satin Stainless Steel Universal Magnaflow Muffler for SUV's, part number 12586. If anyone has put this on there JC, please let me know how you like it.

TexasHemi

·
Registered
23 Posts
$150 for a polished stainless steel Magnaflow. Around $400 for the whole catback system is a reasonable price.

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just ordered the magnaflow catback system from performance peddler. Product ID MAG16665. Shipped the total was $410.00. I spoke to them and is the correct one for the commander.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am shopping around for a cat back system. I do have to chuckle at the "gains" in horsepower they claim... I like the look and sound but for the dollars you spend the horsepower gains are rather small. I will buy a system none the less... Cause thats what us guys do after all... ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
ruger_rat said:
I am shopping around for a cat back system. I do have to chuckle at the "gains" in horsepower they claim... I like the look and sound but for the dollars you spend the horsepower gains are rather small. I will buy a system none the less... Cause thats what us guys do after all... ;)

My sentiments exactly. DITTO

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK all, here is the skinny on Magnaflow Muffler only upgrade on your JC.

The part number and specs are: 12586, 5" x 11" Oval / 2.5" Offset Inlet / 2.5" Center Outlet / 22" Body Length / 28" Overall Length The 5"x11" oval body MagnaFlow was designed for Trucks ## SUVs and RVs with larger engine displacements. These mufflers provide maximum flow and sound suppression.

This is what the tech person at Magnaflow recommended for maximum performance with a stock system and minimal cabin noise.

I found the Muffler brand new on ebay for $80 with free shipping. I'm going to take it to my local muffler shop and have it put on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Let us know how loud that baby is, I'd love to talk the wife into a new muffler, but just the noise from the intake ticked her off:rolleyes:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If your wife is anything like mine, she hates it when I spend money-upgrading parts on a new car! But what she doesn't know won't heart her!

You can definitely tell the difference is sound, but it's not that loud where it's ridicules. It definitely sounds like a hemi now! Between my custom cold air intake/K & N filter and muffler, I can definitely tell a difference in throttle response and + 1-mpg. You con try to sell her on that.

Besides that, your only spending $80 on the muffler vs. $500 on a cat back system.

My wife drives my 03 GC HO with the stock muffler everyday and she took the JC Hemi to the store and when she got back I never heard a word from her! Then again, my wife is clueless when it comes to those things.

Give me your e-mail and I'll try to get a sound clip and e-mail it to you TRC.

TexasHemi

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some pics. I'm working on the sound clip.

/Users/jameskoehler/Desktop/DSC_2403.JPG
/Users/jameskoehler/Desktop/DSC_2399.JPG

TexasHemi

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Links to pictures don't work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can't really tell the difference, you just hear a little rumble. At least that's my opinion.

TexasHemi

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey just as long as it don't sound like a rice burner, is fine with me.

What about at the light, does it have a little deep rumble?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts