Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my never ending search for upgrades to the commander, I found some "upgraded 4 hole" injectors on ebay. So I went out to take a look at what injectors are currently in my '10 hemi commander and they are already 4 hole, but a different part number. The ones I have are 05037479AA and the replacements are 05037479AB. In searching, I also found that they are now on 05037479AD.

My question is, would there be an advantage to swapping them out for the newest part number? Does anyone know if these have actually been upgraded to increase performance of idle, mpg, etc.?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wouldn't think it would be worth the money unless you're having issues with the current ones. The gas saved, if any, would like not be worth the expense

·
Registered
399 Posts
You don't need to upgrade injectors until you hit 450 fwhp. You can't just install any injector. The ecm needs to be reprogrammed for a different performing injector. Unless the volume of fuel changes, a 4 hole injector will perform the same as another 4 hole injector even with a different part number.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts