Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night we had a 5 hour rain storm...I went to check my jeep this morning and the passenger floor was wet...(yes another wet floor) it wasnt so bad...but still wet..looked like it was coming from the grip on the top right corner.i could tell thats where it was coming from becuase i followed the trail...i got a water hose and ran it over my roof 3 or 4 times and not a drop...nothing....and i covered the whole thing...all three sun-roofs...the windshield, the doors...everything.

i did notice this morning that my daughters little outfit was jammed between the door and dash when i opened the door...could this little one-sie have caused an opening large enough to let water through or am I missing something? i'm stumped...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I must be lucky. Last night we had a heavy rain and I also found a wet floor, I opened the sun roof and found water pooled on the left side. I took my can of compressed air with the extension I added and put it in the drain hole. I had a lot of bubbles, but the water did not go down. I pushed the rig in an inch more and bingo things opened up. This was without using the compressed air. I am now waiting for another big rain to see how it works.

·
Registered
954 Posts
i did notice this morning that my daughters little outfit was jammed between the door and dash when i opened the door...could this little one-sie have caused an opening large enough to let water through or am I missing something? i'm stumped...
Sounds like you might've answered your own question.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I had the same problem when my XK was new. It turned out to be a bad secondary door seal. The dealer replaced it under warranty...4 years later and no leaks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts